38

38|| Dynasty : The Building
“ Confession. ”

As expected, eventually, Soo Ho won the fight and the three men limped away from them.

“ Gongjunim?! Are you hurt? ” Mi Sun rushed towards Eun-Ji, checking for wounds.

“ Gwaenchanha. ” Eun-Ji shrugged her off, not taking her eyes on Soo Ho's back.

Soo Ho turned around and bowed slowly to her, the idea of her being the Princess was still fresh to him and makes him unhappy.

“ We should inform the Queen about this, Gongjunim. ” Mi Sun suggested in a panicked expression.

“ Silence, they are probably just thieves. It is useless. ” Eun-Ji lied.

“ But Gongjunim- ”

Eun-Ji sent the servant a look, causing her to shut up. “ Finally. ” she thought. “ I would have hurled if I continue to hear your voice. ” She turned and looked at Soo Ho with a stoic expression which he ignored.

Soo Ho looked down in hesitation and sent her a nod. He was still unsure of what to do and he never imagined he'd have to speak to her.

“ Mi Sun, I would like some drink, can you get us some? ” Eun-Ji slyly looked to the side at Mi Sun who was surprised at her request but nodded anyway before leaving.

Silence fell upon the two of them and they were left standing face to face.

“ ...Are you hurt? ” Soo Ho decided to break the eerie silence.

“ Aniyo, Kamsahamnida. Are you? ”
Eun-Ji responded.

“ Ah... ” Soo Ho breathed as if to acknowledge her answer. He sent her a small nod and slowly turned around with an intention to walk away from her.

“ Soo Ho... ” Eun-Ji called.

Soo Ho stiffened and he stood frozen. His brows furrowed as his jaw clenched.

“ I asked, are you hurt? ” She asked.

Soo Ho's hands clenched into a fist as he attempt to hide his emotions.
“ Why do you care? ” he asked. He turned around and faced her. “ You did not seem fazed by it from the start. ” he added, keeping his expression stoic.

Eun-Ji's breath hitched. She did not expect that from him. She did not expect him to be affected by her lies.

“ After all those things...why now? You didn't even care about anything. You don't even care about me. ”

“ That is not true. ” Eun-Ji muttered.

“ Geumanhae. I can't do this anymore. I can't always pretend to be well around you because I am not. I... ” a tear slipped from his eye and he wiped it with his thumb. “ Everything you do hurts me. ”

Eun-Ji looked down, eyes glossy. “ I didn't mean for any of this to happen. ”

Soo Ho sniffed and stepped closer to her. He took her hand and lightly squeezed it before lacing his fingers with hers. Eun-Ji looked down at their hands with a pained expression.

“ S-Saranghae... ” Soo Ho whispered as more tears fall from his eyes.

Eun-Ji looked up at him, feeling her eyes burning, tears fell from her eyes.
“ Mianhae... ” she whispered back. She doesn't look at him that way, no matter how hard she try and how much she want to, she just couldn't.

Soo Ho tightly smiled at her, already knowing the answer. He sniffed and put his free arm around her, embracing her.

“ I can never stop loving you. ” he whispered. He closed his eyes as a tear fell down. He embraced her tightly as if he doesn't want to let her go, just like how he wanted her to be by his side, always.

Eun-Ji closed her eyes tightly. “ What can I do to make myself love you? ” she thought to herself.