47

Dynasty:The Building

Kim Eun-Ji

Bloop.

Bloop.

I opened my eyes, hearing water droplets. I sat up, feeling water dripping from my back, everything was dark but there was a golden light underwater.

“ Where the hell am I? ”

I looked around the pitch dark room the glow from below didn't reach the corners of this place. I gasped.

“ I am DEAD...! ”

“ Not quite. ” a voice echoed.

I looked up to see Ji Eun standing in front of me. “ Ah! ” my hand flew to my chest, almost fooling myself into feeling my heart would fall from my chest.

“ Ji Eun...is this your doing? You really wanted me dead? ”

She shook her head. “ I don't. But they do. ”

“ Who? ”

“ They do not go by any name. ” she approached me and knelt down to my level. “ But they are after your life as you shouldn't be where you are. ”

I looked down and stared at the glowing light below me.

“ That's your life. ”

I looked up at Ji Eun to see her gazing at the light.

“ It used to glow brighter than that. It used to light up this whole place. ”

“ What happened? ”

“ You happened to be lost in time. You are slowly dying. Very. ”

I raised a brow at her. “ Seriously? ”

“ I do not jest. Your body is giving up, your insides are slowly bleeding. Your brain... it's shutting down. It's a consequence. A slow death for people like you. ”

“ People like me? ”

“ You are not the first to ever jump back in time. There are others as well. If the catchers cannot catch you, it's all right, you die anyway. ”

“ Thanks for being honest. ”

“ Oh you will be thankful. You should go to the coffin. ”

“ I'm NOT going to BURY myself alive. ”

“ I know! Just please bear with me, I am trying to help you. If you die here, you die in your present time as well. Your body which is currently in a coma right now, is going to collapse.”

“ What? ”

“ Trust me, it's not worth it to live here. If you do stay, they will kill everyone involved with you, romantically or not. They will kill anyone and will leave no traces of you ever living. So what if you become someone worth remembering? A plague will be released and all who have known you will die, it won't matter if it's a whole nation. ”