50

50|| Dynasty: The Building
“ Destiny.”

The atmosphere is bright. Her eyesight blurred yet manageable.
Eun-Ji bowed her head, her hands hiding her face.

Then, she found herself sitting on the floor. She wasn't aware of what is happening but she could only guess it was a ceremony, a traditional one.

Though her eyes were cast down, she could see two persons sitting in front of her whom in turn handed her a cup of something to drink l, though unaware, she reached her hands out to take the said cup.

Crack!

Eun-Ji frozed, her eyes widened at the cup. A fissure formed the moment her fingertips neared the cup. Yet no one seems to notice so she took the cup anyway.

Shatter!

The gasps of other people drowned out her own as she watched her now crimson hands shake.

Tick!

A single drop of blood fell to the floor mat.

Thump! Thump!

Eun-Ji dropped the broken cup on the mat and shot up to her feet. Nausea hit her like a train, causing her stance to waver. The her sight moved to the side and she was falling in hindsight.

Before she hit the ground, somebody caught her.

She looked up to be met with a face she knew too well, Soo Ho.

Then, Ji Dwi came running to her, dressed in a traditional clothing, the scene before her answered her questions.

It was a wedding ceremony. Their wedding ceremony.

She can only bring herself to smile as she felt darkness consume her.

Images flashed before her eyes, different times, different scenes, all wonderful yet all had the same ending: death.

There was one which she ran, she ended up getting hunted by people clad in black.

There was one where she fought alongside her friends who aims to protect her, the King, the King's hwarang. Only for them to fall and turn to dust.

And the ending of their wedding ceremony; water akin to a tsunami swallowed everything that stood on its way, including the palace and many people died.