30

30||Dynasty : The Building
“ Timeline. ”

Ji Dwi's eyes focused on his opponent and his ears were focused on the signals their trainer was giving them.

" Did you mean to do it? "

" Would it make a huge difference between us if I answered yes? "

" It will. "

" What if I said no? "

" It will still make a big difference. "

" No. "

" Do you feel something for him? "

He could hear their conversation in his head, over and over. " Why didn't she answer? "

Suddenly, he felt someone watching him, his eyes immediately found the location of his watcher only to see someone he's been thinking of.

There she stood, watching him through the window. His grip on his wooden sword tightened. " What are you hiding? " he thought. Their teacher signaled for the next move but Ji Dwi was oblivious to it, instead he felt his opponent move so he did countered his move of attack. When he stand still, he did his best to regain his balance, he sighed in annoyance, glancing at Eun-Ji once more, he lost his focus because of her.

A-ro's image suddenly appeared in his mind, she was smiling and waving at her brother like a little girl. An innocent one at that. Even when he look into her eyes, he saw that her eyes was smiling in happiness along with her lips. He have seen Sun Woo smile like that, even when it's not identical, everyone would know that their always happy just by seeing each other.

Then an image of Eun-Ji smiling flashed in his mind. Her smiles was never like the one A-ro or Sun Woo had, she never smiled like that, she never smiled along wih her eyes. It was always as if all the things that makes A-ro happy was just little things to her, not enough to make her happy. Her smiles always have something behind it.

Eun-Ji turned and walked away. She walked passed the guards of Hwarang House and went straight to the house of the greatest physician in the Capital.

“ The Queen went here. ” An Ji said.

“ When? ” Eun-Ji furrowed her brows.
“ A few days ago. What did you do? Is this part of your plan? You are endangering your life! ” An Ji did his best to lower his voice.

“ I have to do this. ”

“ She tried to kill A-ro. ” An Ji said with gritted teeth.

Eun-Ji sighed as she look to the side. Somehow, A-ro always gets in trouble. “ You said Sun Woo is protecting her. ”

“ He is. ” An Ji insisted.
“ This plan of yours. What is your goal? ”

Eun-Ji looked at him, her face stoic. “ I want you to stay out of it. You will only put your life in danger. ”

“ A-ro and I are already in danger. ” he whisper-yelled.

Annoyance was evident in Eun-Ji's face as she look at the older man in front of her.

“ I plan on killing that woman along with her son. ” An Ji said with gritted teeth as he look down at the wooden table in front of him.

That caught Eun-Ji's attention and immediately, she felt threatened.
“ What did you say? ”

An Ji looked at Eun-Ji. “ She did so many unforgivable things. She is the reason my wife is dead and my... ”

“ Son, along with your son. That is right. I know all about your lie, A-ro does too. ” Eun-Ji thought. “ You are going against the Queen. ” It was meant to be a statement but it came out like a question with a warning tone.

“ Isn't that what you are currently doing? ”

“ You want to kill Ji Eun's mother and brother? ” she asked with brows raised a bit. An Ji looked at her in confusion, he saw how she raised her brows and couldn't help but compare her to the Queen. She was acting like her.

An Ji nodded.

“ You cannot do that. ” she said firmly.
An Ji looked at her shock.

“ You will interfere with my plan on making sure you and your only family remain alive if you do that. ” she said in a threatening tone.

“ If she is gone, no one will threaten our lives anymore, A-ro will finally be safe and you, she won't stand as a threat to your life too. ”

Eun-Ji glared at him in her most queenly manner, and by that, it means her most stoic manner to not let him know she is glaring at him.
“ Fool, If you think I will let you do that. Your thirst for revenge will interfere with the future, my future. ”
She cannot let that happen, she knew it. “ Your interference will ruin history. ” she thought.

“ Are you on our side? ” An Ji asked the very question she had been wanting to  answer.

“ If you kill the Queen...” Eun-Ji inhaled and calmed herself. She doesn't want to give him hints. “ That is not part of my plan. ”

An Ji sighed in annoyance. “ You are against us...are you? ”

“ I only plan on making sure your family stay alive along with me until I get back to my own time. ”

An Ji exhaled in annoyance as he looked to the side, realizing something. “ all this time, she wasn't entirely on our side. ” he wanted to argue but she beat him to it.

“ If you kill the Queen, what does that make you? ”

An Ji looked at her in confusion. It was like looking at the Queen when he looked at her, same cold expression. “ Compared to me...she killed many. She is a killer. ”

“ That can be arranged, but you. You are a physician. You treat people, save them not kill them. ”

An Ji just looked at her with furrowed brows. He looked down thinking.

“ Think wisely, I shall be going now. ” Eun-Ji stood up and walked to leave.

“ Where do you stand? ”

Eun-Ji stopped walking and turned to An Ji. An Ji looked up at her. “ Do you know where you stand? ”

Eun-Ji meant to smirk or scoff but all she did was put on a small smile and a light scoff. “ I stand where no one can see nor figure out. I stand on a higher platform than any of you. Wherever that is, only I can know but all you need to know is that I stand alone. ”
Eun-Ji turned to walk away. “ You can rely on me to keep your daughter alive. ” she walked away.

“ Now I hope, he doesn't interfere. The Queen cannot die nor the King. Not if I can help it. ” she knew she cannot let them die. She also know they aren't fated to die, yet. King Jinheung must rule.