28

28|| Dynasty : The Building
“ Words in my heart. ”

Eun-Ji sat, thinking. Her fingers tapping on the wooden table infront of her. Her eyes darted from the table then to the high class curtains then back to the table again.

“ Did I make the right decision? ”

“ Yes. ”

“ How will he react? ”

“ Will he hate me? ”

“ Maybe... ”

The door of the physician's house opened and Ji Dwi walked in. Eun-Ji turned to look at him with wide eyes. He stood for a few seconds, looking at her then turned and sat on the wooden bench opposite of Eun-Ji.

He looked at her straight in the eye.
“ How are you? ”

Eun-Ji raised her brows in confusion.
“ Ah...I- I am well. ”

“ What is happening to you? ” he put his arms infront if his chest.

Eun-Ji looked to the side, not knowing what to answer. “ I...don't know. But I am well now. ”

“ Hmm. ” He scoffed. “ You are lying. ”

Eun-Ji looked at him with wide eyes.
“ I-I am not. ”

He smiled, knowingly. “ You cannot look me in the eye earlier, you are stuttering and I can feel it. ”

Eun-Ji sighed as she look to the side again, she was surprised at how terrible she is at lying when it comes to him. “ Aniyo, Anyone can be uncomfortable looking someone in the eye and anyone can stutter without a reason. ”

“ How about what I felt? What excuse can you make towards my feelings? ” he asked with an arrogant tone.

Eun-Ji inhaled and opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out other than a sigh. “ Why are you here? Are you having trouble sleeping again? ”

“ I am always having trouble sleeping but having no clue of your current condition makes my head hurt and not want to sleep. ”
He said as a matter of fact.

Eun-Ji stood up and found way around the table in front of them. She walked to his side.
“ You have to sleep it is not healthy for you when you have so many activities as a Hwarang. ”

Ji Dwi looked up at her with a sideways smile, he looked to the side then to her. “ Aniyo. ”

“ You have to sleep, as your physician I demand you to. ” Eun-Ji crossed her arms infront of her.

“ Hmm, I cannot sleep without a pillow. ” he smiled up at her.

Eun-Ji found herself smiling down at him when he smiled at her.
“ I will get one. ” she turned to get one from her room but she was stopped by Ji Dwi, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down beside him. “ I forgot to mention, I need company as well. ”

“ I will get a pillow for you so you could sleep. ” Eun-Ji said, she stood up and walked to her room.

Ji Dwi sighed as he watch her walk. He stood up and grabbed her wrist again but this time,  he pulled her along with him as he walk out of the physician's house. “ Forget about it, let us have a walk. ”

Eun-Ji sighed as she let him pull her along. She doesn't want to spend time with him. Not when she knew he will hate her soon.

Ji Dwi stopped walking when they reached the bridge with a pond underneath, he turned around and faced Eun-Ji with a serious look.
Eun-Ji looked up at him in confusion.
“ You prefer sleeping here in the open? ”

“ Who said I want to sleep? ” Ji Dwi asked her in a playful tone as he cross his arms in front of him. Eun-Ji turned and put her hands on the fence, looking at the water below them.

“ How have you been? ” he asked looking at her.

“ I told you, I am well. ”

After a moment of silence that was filled with Ji Dwi contemplating whether to ask her or not, he finally gave in. “ Did you mean to do it? ” he asked as he look down at the water below.

Eun-Ji turned around and faced him, her face showed confusion.

“ That kiss with Soo Ho on the bridge. ” he looked at her seriously. “ Did you mean to do it? ”

Eun-Ji turned her head to the side and bit her lower lip.“ Would it make a huge difference between us if I answered yes? ”

“ It will. ”

“ What if I said no? ”

“ It will still make a big difference. ”

Both stood there silently, looking at each other's eyes for a few seconds.

“ No. ” Eun-Ji answered. Her eyes becoming glossy.

Ji Dwi felt as if a weight have been lift from from his shoulders. “ Do you feel something for him? ”

Eun-Ji remained silent as she stare at his eyes. “ I only feel something for you... ” she thought.

Ji Dwi's eyes turned glossy as he wait for her answer. His heart beats loud.

“ What are you doing? He is Jinheung, Ji Eun's brother! It will be hard for you if you get attached... ” a voice said in Eun-Ji's mind echoed. Eun-Ji looked down tears threatening to fall from her eyes. “ But I am already attached...In love even... ” she admitted to herself. “ I have duties to attend to. ” she said. She took a step back but
Ji Dwi caught her by the waist and pulled her close to him. She gasped in surprise while her hand landed on his arm and the other, on his chest. She kept her eyes looking to the side, not wanting to make eye contact as she feel his eyes focused on her.

“ Do you always run away from situations like this? ” Ji Dwi asked, his eyes not leaving hers. “ Why are you so afraid? ”

That question got Eun-Ji's attention. She looked at him in shock. “ Am I that readable? ” she asked herself, getting more scared. She looked to the side again, anxiety rushing through her. She closed her eyes tightly.

Eun-Ji felt a small lump in her throat and the urge to cry. She looked at him in the eye. She wanted to tell him, she wanted to tell him how she felt towards him. She wanted to call out to him, she wanted to let him know that she gets hurt whenever he's with A-ro, she wanted to tell him the truth. But if she did, she will die, and the Queen will have A-ro and An Ji's life.

처음인 걸
나 이런 감정은
네 곁인데도 난 네가 그리워

한 번만이라도
네 품에 안겨 너의 이름을 부른다면

말해주고 싶어
나 들려주고 싶어
늘 입술 맡에 머금고
되뇌고 되뇌던
마음의 말

아무리 외쳐봐도
너에겐 들리지 않나 봐
매일 속으로만
눈빛으로만
말해야 했었던
널 향한 사랑의 말이야

This is my first time
Feeling these things
Even when I'm next to you
I miss you

Just once
I wish I could be in your arms
And call out your name

I wanted to tell you
I wanted to let you hear
But I always swallow it
And repeat them over and over

The words of my heart

No matter how much I shout out
I guess you can't hear it
Every day, only on the inside
O

nly with  my eyes
I had to tell you

My words of love for you