Part 6

Characters: reader, Kurt (Steve), Grant (OC), Ted (OC).

Summary: Almost three years have passed since that unforgettable night you spent with a mysterious man in a snowy cabin. When Steve unexpectedly walks back into your small town, a lot has changed for you both. How will your time apart and Steve's uncertain present affect the possibility of a future together? [Canon, events take place shortly after CACW]

Warnings: Fluff, bit of angst I guess?

Word Count: 3.1k

Song Inspiration:

A/N: YA'LL. Are you ready for this?? The fallout from that little bomb I dropped last time. :D A lot of feels and fluff. Oof. We're also back to reader's perspective, so just FYI. I'm really excited for you to read this part and look forward to your feedback! I always love to hear your thoughts. Love you guys!!

______________________________________

Previously:

The blond felt a flip in his stomach as he met your eye, knowing that you were well aware of why he was asking. With a smile, you nodded in confirmation. Steve suddenly felt faint, taking in a few deep breaths as he turned away with tears in his eyes. It was true. The child was his.

Steve Rogers had a son.

____________________

Throughout years of wondering and worrying, you had always hoped that Grant would get a chance to meet his father, but the odds felt increasingly unlikely as time passed. Now, standing before Steve with Grant in your arms, it all felt like a dream. Steve arrived out of the blue, bringing up all those memories and feelings that had faded but never disappeared and you began to see the world in full color once again the moment you set eyes on him.

You gave Steve an apologetic grin. "I'm sorry, I was about to tell you, but..."

"Hey, Y/N, I thought we were meeting halfway. Is that my coffee?" the tall, dark-haired man asked, pointing to the now-cold beverage resting on the table.

Frozen a moment, you finally realized what he was asking. "Uh...no. I'm sorry, I got distracted," you admitted. A flicker of annoyance passed over his features, but it was gone in a flash.

"That's probably my fault, sorry," Steve piped in, drawing the other man's attention.

The two men eyed each other a moment before you interjected. "Oh, um...Ted, this is Kurt, he used to work for my father. Kurt, this is Ted," you finished the introductions, waving your hand between the men.

"Nice to meet you, Kurt," Ted replied warily, offering his hand

"Likewise," Steve replied, having lowered his gaze and hunched his shoulders slightly.

"I'll, uh..just get my own coffee," Ted spoke to you, eyeing Steve once again before turning toward the counter.

"Cocoa!" your son cried out in your arms, causing Ted to look back.

"You want some hot cocoa, sweetie? Ted, would you mind getting him a small hot chocolate? Here," you asked him, reaching for your wallet.

"I got it," Ted replied, waving away your offer to pay.

Stuffing your wallet back in your purse, you shifted Grant on your hip. "Thank you," you smiled, watching him walk away.

Turning back to Steve, you saw that he still looked a little pale, his gaze fixed upon Grant. He did finally meet your eye with the shock and confusion still evident. "I'm...I'm happy for you. For you and...Ted," he told you, clearing his throat. "You deserve to be happy."