Part 10

Characters: reader, Kurt (Steve), Grant (OC), Ted (OC).

Summary: Almost three years have passed since that unforgettable night you spent with a mysterious man in a snowy cabin. When Steve unexpectedly walks back into your small town, a lot has changed for you both. How will your time apart and Steve's uncertain present affect the possibility of a future together? [Canon, events take place shortly after CACW]

Warnings: Fluff in spades, sexy times. ;) Mild angst perhaps?

Word Count: 3.4k

Song Inspiration: The Night We Met by Lord Huron

A/N: Welp. We pick up right where we left off, soooooo hope you're ready! ;) Still all the adorable fluff, though! Grant is the cutest and Steve is SO dreamy. *swoon* And then...well, I guess you'll find out. ;) Please let me know your thoughts! I appreciate all comments and feedback. I adore you, thank you for reading. <3

____________________________________

Previously:

One last question he felt compelled to voice. "Are you sure?"

Nodding rapidly, you released your legs and found your footing, heading for the bed. "I've been without you for three years. I'm not wasting another second," you declared as you leaned into his kiss once again.

_________________

The moment your lips touched Steve's, there was a steady smolder that began to burn hotter under your skin. Desperate as you were for one other, you felt a desire to take it slow and savor this long-awaited reunion. Looping your arms around his neck, you melded every part of you against Steve's muscular form. Soft, pillowy lips caressed yours as you walked in tandem toward the bed, soon finding the mattress with the back of your knees.

Steve pulled away an inch, his gaze never leaving yours as he placed a hand on the side of your face. He brushed a thumb across your cheekbone while his other hand reached down to rest it at your waist, teasing the hem of your top. Your fingers slipped under the fabric of his long-sleeved shirt, seeking the warm, smooth skin underneath. Steve leaned away from you just enough so he could grip the shirt's collar and pull it over his head in one swift motion.

Gently, he reached for your hem and met your eye for permission with you nodding in response. He did so gently, tossing the article of clothing to the floor. As you leisurely undressed one another between slow, sensual kisses, you had a moment of doubt. Looking down at the ways your body had changed due to carrying a child and giving birth, you suddenly felt self-conscious under his gaze.

Steve seemed to sense your hesitation, slowing his movements only to use a finger under your chin so you would meet his eye. Once you did, you saw nothing but awe and adoration. Pressing a gentle kiss to your lips, he smiled tenderly.

"I didn't think it was possible, but you're even more beautiful than I remember," he whispered softly, causing your face to warm.

You smiled gratefully, feeling your nerves fall away along with the rest of your clothing. As he joined you on the bed, Steve took his sweet time to re-learn every inch of your skin, paying loving attention to the scars and stretch marks that stood as evidence that your body once carried his child. He worshipped your form tirelessly until you couldn't take it anymore, begging to be joined as one.

Hurriedly finding the small packet you sought in your bedside drawer, you soon sighed in relief as your bodies fit together perfectly in a way time and distance could not alter. You moved in tandem, being cautious of the noise you made, as Steve brought you higher and higher until you both tumbled down together. Catching your breath, Steve pulled you into his side and pressed a kiss to your sweaty brow.