Chapter 3

Alexis Tierra Davis 

"When we fell in love, I was going through a rough patch in my life" 

" But why mama?" I cried watching as my mother gathered Jonathan's belongings. He had received a rude awakening this morning when my parents found out he had came back from Atlanta. 

" Cause I said so! I will not tolerate this foolishness in my house anymore ! Joe I want you OUT!" She yelled. 

At first I tried everything I could in my power to change my parents mind but they just were to perfect for my brother. " Nawl Lexis, It's cool...I'a leave" Joe replied picking up his bags from the floor that my mother had thrown. 

" And y'all suppose to be christians? God would never" I mumbled watching my brother as he picked up his bags. 

" God ain't got nothing to do with his sins, he sins and he sins....God would never accept that" My mother yelled. 

I shook my head and watched as my brother walked out the door. He closed the door behind him and then that's when the house became silent. 

I paused and took a moment to process this and looked over to her, " I can't believe you" I mumbled. 

" I'm trying to be the best mother I can be and i won't be considered one if he was apart of this household" She tried to explained. 

I smacked my lips and jogged over to the door, slamming it on the way out. " Joe" I called out watching him make his way down the street. 

He didn't bother looking back, He just kept walking. I sighed and jogged down the stairs, Making my way down the street to catch up with him. 

" Joe, wait up" I spoke out of breath. 

" Mane what?" He answered back in his thick Atlanta accent. 

" Where you going?" I asked him. 

He shrugged his shoulders while he still walked down the street. " I ain't got no place to go, shid I'm just walking" 

I looked down at his feet, He had on a pair of Black nike slides, A pair of jogging pants with a wife beater. Times like this I wish I had a house of my own, I hated living with my parents and I hated living under their fucked up ass rules.

" You still talk to Meka? Maybe you can go over there" I suggested. Meka was Joe's old girlfriend, she was always there for him, even when the times my parents weren't. 

" Ion talk ta that girl, I'm betta off just going back ta selling drugs...God ain't got shit in store fa me" He asserted with a full blown mug on his face. 

" Don't talk like that Joe, Of course he do" I added. " Momma and daddy are wrong, God forgives....Mama had you when she was 14, She was a hoe" I shrugged causing him to chuckle a little. 

" And?" 

" God Forgave her.....so why can't he forgive you?" I shrugged. 

He looked at me and smacked his lips. " Too be honest lexis, Ion really fuck with allat god shit. She right, he ain't gon' eva forgive me or she ain't gon' eva forgive me.....but check dis out...."

" What?"

"I ain't gon' eva forgive ha eitha" 

-

That's all for today folks....

But I know y'all might be wondering who plays Jonathan.... Well yes, you guessed it

 Well yes, you guessed it

Babyjoe