Chapter 5

Alexis Tierra Davis 

"I don't think I've had love at first sight

"I don't think I've had love at first sight. But, I've definitely had moments where I've seen a person, and I'm like, 'Wow, there is something different about you, and I really want to get to know you." ~ Josh hutcherson 

It's been 2 weeks since that party at Meka house and Durk and his crew still on my ass every time they see me. It started off as being little remarks when they seen me walking down the street. Then it went on to him having full blown conversations with me everytime he see in the store. 

At first I knew nothing of him but once the streets got to talking, I knew everything about him. Like for example, his dad being a southside legend and him being the biggest hoe on the southside. After that, I wasn't interested in none of his small talk. 

" Where you going?" My dad asked, stopping me in my footsteps. I had my back turned towards him, while I faced the front door.

I looked back and noticed him sitting on the couch in the living room. " To go check up on Jonathan at Meka's house" I told him. 

" Mm" He murmured. 

" What time is bible study ?" I asked. 

" 5:45....Be there" He demanded. 

" I wi-"

" And ON TIME!" He added. 

I sighed and nodded before proceeding out of the door. My mom and My dad still wouldn't give Jonathan a chance, They treated him as if he weren't their son. I just wish it was better, I wanted my brother to be accepted. They looked at him like he was literally NOTHING. 

And it was worse from my dad because he's always saying " my gOd iS a fOrGiViNg gOd" but never would forgive my brother for the things that he has done. 

I was just ready to get done with my online college classes because as soon I turn 19, I was Gone out of this house, This neighborhood and out of chicago!

-

I shivered while knocking on the front door of Meka's house, It was 30 degrees in chicago today and I wasn't feeling it at all. However, That didn't stop the local drugdealers though...

They worked their corners day and night, Money hungry. Looking for single mothers to get cracked out and looking for unemployed dad to join their crew. 

It was a shame how chicago worked. Just because the boys didn't like their momma's rules, they would move out and  start selling drugs.....It was crazy to me. 

And that was something jonathan did......

The door swung opened revealing Zae. Zae was one of Durk's home boys, I figured because they were always hanging out with each other. 

" I ain't plan on seeing you today" He stated boldly. 

" Umm..." I hesitated . 

" What you hea fa shorty?" He asked looking around, checking to see if people outside were looking his way.