Chapter 8

-Alexis Tierra Davis 

"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend

"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend." 

" Damn you just gon' walk pass me, no hug, no nothing?" Durk asserted. 

I waved him off as I continued to walk past him and some girl who he was talking to. I was already late for my job interview at target, so I really couldn't stand around and hold a conversation. 

I heard little footsteps behind me indicating that he was chasing after me. " Damn you inna rush." He told me when he finally caught up along side of me.

" Yeah, got somewhere to be." I mumbled. 

"Must be goin to see a nigga, why you ain't been textin me back?" He asked. 

" Durk please, all these females you be talking to." I said, waving him off. 

" what females? G these hoes can't get nun of my time and you know that." He replied. 

" Oh do I? so who was ole girl that you was just talking to...Looks like she had all yo attention" I shrugged. 

He smacked his lips. " ion even know shorty." 

" Mhm." I mumbled. 

" Where you going?" he asked. 

" Interview..." I dryly replied. 

" So you gon' call me later ?" He questioned. 

Lately, me and durk would occasionally facetime each other and sometimes we'll text. The only times I saw him was when I go visit babyjoe at meka's house. 

I couldn't see myself being with somebody like him. Somebody as rough as him. Somebody as careless as him. 

" Yea, I'll call you durk. Now stop walking with me before people start spreading rumors." I mumbled. 

The streets talked and if somebody sees me and durk, it was gon' spread around the whole neighborhood and then my parents would find out and then babyjoe would find out and that's something I wanted to avoid. 

present day

" So tell me about durk and babyjoe's relationship? How long have they been friends?" Ms. Hill asked . 

"  Every since we were kids...Longer than I can even remember." I explained. 

" Wow." She emphasized.