Chapter 6

Alexis Tierra Davis 

"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend."  ~William Blake 

Present Day 

I was going on a week in therapy with Ms. Hill and  it was really helping. It was helping me alot because now I can see....

All the mistakes that I have made. 

" Okay so as of Today you will talk about what happened to you and Durk's Relationship." She explained. " What caused you to do the things that you did?".

I sighed and shrugged....

" Okay so months after curving him left and right .....We finally decided to talk, like a real conversation." 

-

Present day over

" You tryna slide in adriannas tonight? I heard It's gon' be bussin". I sat on the couch of Meka's livingroom and overheard her talking to Jonathan. They seemed to be talking about going to chicago's most popular club, Adriannas. 

" I wanna go" I mumbled. 

" No" Jonathan replied. 

" Why not? I'm old enough" I pouted. 

I was tired of him treating me like a little kid. I couldn't do anything when I was around him. Nothing at all. 

" You 18...Still a chile" He told me. I rolled my eyes and pulling out my phone so that i could lurk on Facebook. 

" You so mean joe. Just let her go out. She always sitting up in the house" Meka said, sticking up for me. 

"Shit no. Ion want no niggas looking at my li' sista" He argued causing meka to smack her lips. 

" Is that why you don't want her to go?  Niggas gon' look regardless" Meka said. 

" True" I agreed causing Joe to give me a death stare. 

"What nigga be lookin at you?" He mugged. I rolled my eyes, looking back down at my phone. He was so mean when It came to boys. 

" Lemme catch a nigga lookin at you...It's gon' be up" He threatened. 

" Nigga shutcho country ass up...." Meka laughed referring to Jonathan. " You can go li' sis" Meka smiled. 

I smiled back, " Thank you Meka". 

" No problem, If you need a ride just call me" She added watching as I stood up from my spot on  the couch. 

" Okay, I'm off to bible study...See y'all tonight" I smirked, trying my hardest to make my brother mad.

" I swea If i hea anything about you being grown then Imma shoot up the whole club!" He semi yelled. 

" Bye jonathan" I waved, heading out the door. 

It seemed as if the day went by really fast. Bible study took up 3 hours of my day then I had to rush home and find out what I was gonna wear for the club tonight. 

Luckily I had help from my best friend Amber, with her sense in fashion. 

" So what about this one" I said holding up a knee mini dress from forever 21. 

Amber observed the dress with her eyes and slowly started to shake her head. " Too basic" She explained. 

I looked down at the dress in my hand and then back over at her. " Too basic? How?" I asked with a slight mug on my face.