Chapter 7

Alexis Tierra Davis 

I sighed considering i was out of breath from all the praise dancing i did in praise dance practice

I sighed considering i was out of breath from all the praise dancing i did in praise dance practice. I was ready to go home and go to sleep. 

" Lexis, we need you tomorrow at 6am in the morning. Make sure you come prepared." My mom announced as she wrote down on her clipboard. 

I hated when she acted like she didn't know me when we were in church. She said she acted that way because it was "professional". 

But since when was church a place to be "professional"?

 " Okay mom." I mumbled walking out of the little dance studio that we had built in the church a couple months ago. 

I made sure I had all of my belongings before leaving the church. The walk home was gonna be long and cold, considering it had just snowed for the 2nd time in spring.  Luckily I had my northface with me to keep me warm from the 27 degree chicago weather. 

I walked out the door and instantly, the cold breeze hit my face causing me to sigh in frustration. I just couldn't wait until senior year was over, College in California was gonna be wonderful. 

I connected my headphones to my phone and played PowerGlide by Swae Lee as I beginned my long journey to my house. Even though it was only a couple of blocks, It seemed far since it was cold as hell. 

I noticed a Mercedes Benz GLE-Class pull up beside me on the busy main street causing me to just walk faster. 

 If you from Chicago and a car pull up to you...It's probably a thirsty ass nigga wanting your number. I knew this because this happened everyday I walked home from school.

I noticed the faster I walked, the faster the car would drive up, trying to get my attention. I glanced out the side of my eye and saw the passenger side window was being rolled down. 

I looked over towards my left and noticed a familiar face. 

" Durk.." I mumbled to myself. 

" Whea you going?...Let me take you." He offered. 

The thing was, I knew what durk wanted. I knew his intentions...Shid everybody in the neighborhood did. 

He wanted to have sex with me and probably leave me. 

All the girls at school wanted boys like him because they were rough, street and Violent. Which is what they like nowadays. Boys that refer to women as "Bitches". Boys that engage in multiple women at once. Boys who can go a whole day without talking to them. 

I never got it...

Why were they attracted to boys like him? They talk about them 24/7. 

It wasn't even like an attraction...The girls were Obsessed.