Chapter 13

Alexis Tierra Davis

Alexis Tierra Davis

" I miss how things use to be"

- Present day

" So tell me about your brother and your mom's relationship, did they ever try to solve their differences?" Ms hill the therapist asked me.

I sighed, just by thinking about it I get sad. My brother and my mom never had a bond, even when they tried to put their differences aside, they still never bonded.

" Jonathan and my mom never really spent anytime together... my mom didn't like her own son." I explained.

Truth hurts...

My mom tried to keep it a secret but everyone knew she never really liked Jonathan.

" Just like the time when Jonathan and Durk dropped me off... my mom saw that Jonathan was in the car and it pissed her off." I said.

" Was she mad that Jonathan was in the car or Durk?" Ms. Hill asked me.

I shrugged, " both."

Present day over

" Aye why you still ova hea ?" Jonathan asked as he entered Meka's house. I guess he spent all day outside on the block with Durk and Tae.

I rolled my eyes at him and waved him off.

" Joe I'm grown!" I told him.

" Oop, don't get smart lil girl. You know Babyjoe gon whoop yo ass." Tae instigated.

I shook my head, I hated how Tae never minded his business.

" I don't have a ride home anyways, so I guess I won't be going." I mumbled, trying to ignore them all by looking down at my phone.

" I gotta car." Durk added causing Tae and joe to laugh.

Still to this day, no one knew that me and durk was seeing eachother or even talked. We tried to keep it on the low.

" Yup, lets go." Joe said as he snapped his fingers.

I got up from my spot on the couch and followed all 3 of them out the door. " y'all make me sick." I mumbled.

" Speak up, can't hear you." Zae chuckled.

I shook my head while still walking towards Durk's truck.

Once we were all in, we then made our way towards my house. On the way there, durk played a couple of songs he's been working on.

And I couldn't lie, they sounded good.

" You know you can get places wit this shit, on foe nem." Zae commented from next to me in the back seat.

" On bro." Babyjoe agreed.

" What you think lil sis?" Zae asked me which caught me off guard.

I nodded, " Yeah i like it."

Little did they know, I already heard Durk's songs before all of them, they just didn't know.

Durk looked at me through the rear view Mirror and smiled, and I smiled back.

His smile was what got me in the first place. It was so nice.

However once we got to my house, all of the boys said goodbye to me and then waited until I was in the house to pull off. But what was waiting at the door caught me by surprise.

" Where you been all day?" My mom asked as soon as I walked in.

I hesitated considering she had just caught me off guard. " Meka's house." I told her.

" Meka? Jonathan's ex girlfriend?" She questioned.

I nodded my head slowly. " So you and Jonathan been spending time with eachother?" She asked once again.

I didn't have time for this tonight. I wanted to say something so bad but I didn't wanna come off as disrespectful.

" Yea a little." I mumbled.

" Huh? Speak up!"

" Yes! Yes, I have!" I asserted back.

She looked at me in shock. " Alexis I don't like your attitude, fix it !"

I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head.
" You don't like anything, just like you don't like your own son!" I told her.

She gasped and paused. " Not true."

" It's very true and you know it but I won't speak on that." I told her before walking away.

" Young lady where are you going? Come back here!" She demanded.

I just continued to walk towards my room, once I finally made it, I closed the door behind me and dropped down to the floor. Before I knew it, multiple tears started to roll down my face.

I hated how we couldn't be one big happy family...

It was all so dysfunctional...

-

Vote

Comment

Merry bookmas ❤️‼️