Chapter 12

Merry #bookmas ❤️ enjoy stories from me as I update everyday until Christmas 😉🎁☃️🎅🏾

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Alexis Tierra Davis

" You don't know what you mean to me

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

" You don't know what you mean to me."

" Okay everybody, we gone start from the top...5..4..3..2..-"

I was interrupted once I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, cutting my sentence short.

It was my dad. " Shayla come talk to me in my office please." He smiled.

Again, my dad was the pastor of the most visited church on the south side, so he was a busy man. My mom was the First Lady and both of them owned the church that we were in currently.

I did little things around the church, sort of like a helper. I also coached the praise dance team, those girls were like my little sisters.

Even though my parents were over protective and controlling, they did a good job raising me and putting me around the right people In life.

" okay guys, We'll start where we left off next Sunday. " I told the girls before following my dad into his office.

Once I entered, I noticed my mom seated in a chair. She held a worried look upon her face me, causing me to wonder what was wrong.

" Have a seat babygirl." My dad told me.

I walked over to an empty chair and watched as my dad sat behind his desk.

He clapped his hands together and sighed. "Okay so me and your mom have some things we need to talk to you About." They both added.

" Okay, What is it?" I asked.

I hated when they tried to talk to proper. They acted as if they were so " perfect".

" Alright so we just want a simple yes or no, we don't want any lies. We want the truth." My mom explained.

" I guess." I shrugged.

Silence then occurred causing me to grow impatient. " What's the problem?" I asked as I rolled my eyes.

" Do you talk to some guy that go by the name... Durk? Durk banks?" My dad asked me.

I knew this was coming...

People in Chicago knew they talked so much. I hated how word got around so fast here.

" No dad." I denied.

" I feel like you're lying Alexis and I won't tolerate it. I'll be taking your phone and a-.."

" Ma you can't take something that I bought." I sassed.

This was probably my first time ever talking back to my mother. But I was getting grown. I was 19 years old and I was tired of being treated like I was 5.

" Little girl don't you talk to me like that." She said.

" Honey it's fine, I got it." My dad added.

" Alexis we want what's best for you and communicating with a drug dealer isn't it...." He went on to explain.

" He's a dummy, only dummies sell drugs." My mom mumbled.

I shook my head. " Alright, see y'all later." I added before getting up from my chair.

" Shayla don't walk away from me while I'm talking to you." My mom said.

" It's true, selling drugs won't get you nowhere in life. You see your brother ? He's on the streets, doing nothing with his life." My dad added.

" Don't mention him, okay? Y'all didn't do anything to stop him. Y'all sent him to live in Atlanta so that y'all wouldn't have to take care of him." I said.

"Now what is there to say now?" I questioned.

If we were stating facts, my brother was sent to Atlanta after he refused to come in the house on a school night. They automatically assumed that he wanted to be a thug and then sent him to Atlanta. He was totally fine until he came back from Atlanta.

Now don't get me wrong, my brother use to gang bang but he never sold drugs, until now.

He wasn't even as bad as my parents made him out to be. Truth was, they didn't even want to take care of him.

And it was sad.

" I'm gone, don't even bother looking for me either cause I'm not coming home." I added before leaving out of the office.

I was gonna find somewhere to go and stay there. I didn't need my parents anymore.

-

Vote ‼️

What's y'all thoughts?