Chapter 1 - Band Practice

Simon's P.O.V

Having Eric around everyday is strange. He's my friend, maybe even my best friend but something's missing.

Or maybe someone.

I've been having a bit of a memory block for the past couple of weeks and at night I get these strange vivid dreams, but It's nothing unusual. Everyone has dreams, but I do keep seeing this one girl with jet black hair and dark eyes. It's like she's calling out to me, trying to tell me something. I just don't know what it is.

"Hello? Earth to Simon? Did you even hear what I said?" Matt's voice brought me back to attention. We were at Eric's house for band practice, yet all we've done is argue about our band name.

Again.

"What? Yeah of course I have." Eric was looking at me from across the room. He's been doing that a lot lately, and it's starting to creep me out.

"So you agree with me then?" I looked at Matt who had the biggest smile on his face.

"Uh... Yeah sure." Eric pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on, and started shaking his head.

"No! No way are we calling our band Begging for Incest!" I turned my head towards Matt who still had the biggest smile on his face. He was behind his drum kit spinning his drum sticks between his fingers.

"Simon agrees with me, so thats-"

"Uh No! Simon does not agree with you! Why would you even think of that?!" Matt gives me a look, and throws one of the drum sticks on the ground.

"Well if you don't like the name then why'd you agree with me?" Matt stood up and headed towards me and Eric.

They started to shout at each other as usual.

"Guys! Shut up both of you!!" Kirk walked into the room, and stood inbetween Eric and Matt.

"I could hear you both, from outside."

"Kirk, what do you think about naming our band Begging for Incest?" I watched as Kirks eyes grew wide.

"Are you nuts?!" Matt gave him a look, and sat back down behind the drum kit.

"Fine then! If you don't like the name then think of something else!" Eric and Kirk looked at eachother, and then at me.

"Simon, what do you think we should name the band?" Matt's head popped up, and his eyes followed my every move as I set my guitar down.

"I don't know. You guys should chose. You always do"

"That's why were asking you. We always pick the name and we always change it! Maybe we can stick to one of your suggestions, if it's good"

It doesn't take me a while to think of a name. Three words instantly popped into my head.

"The Mortal Instruments" There was a long pause. Matt, Kirk and Eric all looked at each other, and then at me.

All three of them smiled in unison.

"Yes! That's it! It sounds great! We look great! and the initials spell T.M.I! No one can forget that!" Kirk and Eric Bro fists, and Matt was sulking in the corner.

"T.M.I? That stands for To Much Information"

"Not anymore!" Eric claps a hand on my back, and sits down on the couch.

"From this moment on, We are officially known as The Mortal Instruments!"