Extra's - Date

Simon's P.O.V

Tonight I'm taking Isabelle out on a date. I've never been on a date before. Not that I can remember. Not all my memories have come back. But I hope to make this the best first date Isabelle's ever had.

I spent all day planning our date. I even went to Magnus and Clary for help. They helped me pick out my clothes and help arranged the venue for tonight.

I want to make it special.

I look in the mirror and fix my hair. My glasses makes me look like a complete nerd but Isabelle loves them. I'm wearing black jeans with a light brown belt and a slightly tight baby blue button down shirt. 

In my hand, I hold a picnic basket, filled with various types of food, such as sandwiches, salad, strawberries etc. I wanted a picnic basket, that would be like Mary Poppins magical bag, but Magnus told me I was pushing it. I've already asked a lot from him.

"Simon! Stop looking at yourself in the mirror and get down here! Isabelle will be ready in a minute."

I run down the stairs and stand next to Clary. She fixes my hair, ruffling it up a bit.

"All that time looking in the mirror and you still can't make yourself look presentable" I give her a pouty look as if what she just said hurt. She rolls her eyes and calls for Isabelle.

"Isabelle!" I hear the sound of a door opening and closing. I can hear her heels click as she takes a step forward. My hearts beating fast. My palms begins to sweat. It suddenly feels hot. I take a deep breath and exhale.

Isabelle stands at the top of the staircase. She wears light blue denim shorts that end mid thigh. Her white top reveals a little skin above her shorts and the sleeves of her top are half way down her shoulder, so they rest at the top of her arms. She wears her ruby red pendant around her neck and this time she's not wearing heels. Instead she wears a pair of white converse.

"You look Beautiful" The words are out before I even thought of saying them. Clary smiles and walks away, leaving us. Isabelle walks down the stairs and stands right  in front of me. Her cheeks are a little red, I don't know if that's from blushing or her makeup.

"Thank you. You look handsome as always" I smile and feel my face go warmer. I reach into the picnic basket and take out a purple columbine flower. Isabelle's favourite.

"I got this for you. I was going to get you more but- I should have gotten you more than one-"

Isabelle cuts me off with a kiss.

"It's wonderful" I place the flower in her hair just above her ear. 

"Are you ready?" She nods her head and grabs my free hand. I open the door for her and look back before I close it. Magnus, Clary and Jace are peeking through a crack in the kitchen door. When they see me looking they immediately slam the door shut. I can hear them laughing. 

"Tell me, What have you planned for this evening? A picnic?" She tries to lift one of her eyebrows up but fails. I couldn't help but laugh at how adorable she looks. 

"Ah! but it's not just any picnic. It's a special picnic." Her eyebrows furrow in confusion. She still looks adorable. 

"What makes this picnic so special?" I press one finger to my lips and make a shh sound. 

"It's a surprise!" Isabelle laughs and pushes me a little to the side. She starts to walk faster, as if she knew where we were going. 

"As much as I hate surprises, I have a feeling I'm going to like this one." I stop walking right in front of a gate. It's not just any gate. It's about half my size, but the metal bars merge to form the shape of a tree. The branches are muddy brown and the leaves are forest green. I asked Magnus if he could create a little path, full of Isabelle's favourite flowers and birds and all that sort of things, that will lead us to the surprise. 

"Wow" I look at Isabelle, and she's looking at the gate, and what's beyond it. Her eyes look curious with a hint of excitement. She lets go of my hand and carefully touches the leafs and the branches, as if she's afraid they'd brake from her touch.

I move to stand directly in front of the metal tree, where there is a darker shade of brown, that looks like a circle, in the middle of the trunk. I reach into the circle, and unlatch the latch and gently push the gate open. It makes a quiet creaking sound, but the sounds of the birds chirping in the distance, and the winds dancing through the leafs of the trees surrounding the path, distracts the noise from the gate. 

"After you, m'lady" I extend my arm out, pointing it towards the path, and slightly bow down. I hear Isabelle laugh and watch as she slowly walks past the gate and onto the path. She stops and looks back at me, with a beautiful smile on her lips. 

"Show me the way" I take her hand in mine, and slowly walk up the path. I've never been here before, since Magnus made this overnight. He told me to follow the yellow path. I asked him if he wanted me to wear ruby red heels as well, and click them together three times while chanting 'There's no place like home' over and over again. He seemed pleased with that Idea. 

"How did you ever come up with this?" A robin bird flew over to the nearest branch. We both stop to admire it's small, round, plump shape with red breast, brown wings and small beak. 

"I asked a very sparkly warlock, if he could help me make this date, a date you'll never forget." 

A group of Ducks start waddling past. Their webbed feet make little splashing noises as they try and catch up with their mum. Isabelle leans down and strokes one of the ducklings head. 

"They're so adorable! I should take one home and leave it in Jace's room as a little early birthday present. After all, he loves surprises." As if understanding what she just said, the momma duck waddles back to her ducklings, and starts quaking at Isabelle. 

Isabelle stands up immediately while slightly screaming and runs ahead. The momma duck looks at me, with her piercing dark eyes, as if challenging me to touch her babies. She takes a waddle forward. That's enough to get me running. 

"Isabelle!" I keep running ahead, following the footprints left on the path. I stop when I spot Isabelle looking at various sorts of flowers. Her favourite, The purple columbine, red and white roses, chocolate cosmos, which I'm surprised are even here, and sunflowers. 

"They're beautiful." I walk up next to her, and she turns around with a chocolate cosmos flower in her hand. She lifts the flower under her nose, and inhales deeply. 

"They smell like chocolate. Just like you. I love chocolate!" She places the flower in my shirt pocket, and takes my hand. 

"This is a wonderful surprise Simon." I start walking. Up ahead, I can see the end of the path. Instead of a gate, it's a curtain of leafs, that hides what lies ahead. If Isabelle thinks this was the surprise then I wonder what she'll think of this. 

"Are you ready?" She furrows her eyebrows again, creating that adorable crease between her eyebrows. 

"For what?" I stop in front of the leafs and place one hand on the end, preparing to pull it aside, revealing what lies ahead. From a far, it looks like a dead end. But if you really look closely, you can see the orange light coming from the sunset.

"For the real surprise" I pull the curtain of leafs aside, and a bright orange light mixed with yellow and red, reveal itself. I wait for my eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness, and the view in front of me, takes my breath away.

Isabelle Gasps.