Chapter 9 (final) - Ascend

Simon's P.O.V

"Ready?"

It's been 3 months of non-stop training with Jace. Everyday has been a pain, but everyday Isabelle and I have gotten closer.

And now it's time to Ascend.

Standing here alone with Magnus in front of a portal that leads to Idris, doesn't seem to scare me anymore. The first time he showed me the portal, I tripped and fell into it. Took them days to find me and it took me hours to stop freaking out. Now I never go near a portal without checking my shoes.

"It's alright to be nervous Simon, but can you hurry it up! We don't have all day. Me and Alec have serious business to get to."

"And by 'Serious Business' You mean making out and having s-"

"Yes. Yes I Do. Now come along, everyone's waiting" Magnus gestures towards the portal. His hair is full of glitter, aswell as his clothes. His lips seem to be shimmering too. He must've found Isabelle's new lip gloss.

"Simon! Get your tiny rats ass over here now! Or I swear to the Angel-"

"What if it doesn't work?"

"I- What?"

"What if it doesn't work? I'll die won't I?" I start to panic. This may not actually work! If it doesn't then I'm dead. Gone. I won't see my mom again, or Rebecca. I won't see Clary, Jocelyn, Luke.

I'll never see Isabelle again.

"It will work. There's no way it won't. You've done so much for the Nephilims. You've stood by there side and now it's time they stood by yours."

Magnus places a hand on my shoulder and pushes me forwards.

"It's time Simon. No more worrying. No more running." I take a step forward and before I know it, Magnus pushes me through the Portal.

It's a weird feeling. It feels like your being torn apart bit by bit and then placed back together like a jigsaw puzzle.

It makes me feel sick.

"Simon!" I felt the ground appear beneath my feet and someone's arms holds me steady. Once I get my vision back, I see it's Isabelle.

She Looks so beautiful. Her raven black hair falls in front of her face and her dark eyes look at me with concern.

"Izzy. Where are the others?" She lets go of me and takes a step back. I see she's wearing a tight black dress that lands just above her knees and her runes show visibly across her arms.

"They're inside waiting. Along with many other shadowhunters and the council." I nod and keep nodding, until I feel her hands on either side of my face.

I look up and stare into her dark dark eyes. I can't tell what she's thinking, or feeling and that scares me. She could do anything and yet she does nothing. I take a deep breath and exhale.

"Simon." She whispers my name, and takes a step closer. I can feel her heart beating againts mine.

"Izzy, I-"

"Let me speak." I close my mouth and look down at my feet. I don't know what else to do when we're standing so close.

"I hate you." My head snaps right up and my glasses fall slightly down my nose. My mouth hangs open and I take a step back. She hates me? why? what have I done? I thought things were going great!

"I hate you." She says it again and steps closer to me.

"I hate the way you make me laugh when I don't want to." She takes another step towards me and takes my hands the same way I took hers under the tree.