Chapter 7 - Run?

Isabelle's P.O.V

"You're a heart breaker Isabelle Lightwood. You may have broken my heart once, but that never stopped me from loving you."

I couldn't stop the tear that fell from my eyes. I wanted to kiss Simon so bad but I knew I couldn't. He may remember some of the times we spent together, but he doesn't remember it all. I may have broken his heart once but he's broken mine more times than I can count.

I don't know what to say. I want to kiss him until my lips are raw. I want to feel the warmth of his arms around me. But I don't want to get hurt again.

So I run.

"Isabelle?"

Don't look back.

If I look back I may never move at all. I don't really know where I'm running to, but I don't really care. I need time to think. I know Simon is going to train to ascend, but what if it doesn't work? What if I let my walls down only to get hurt, again.

I run towards a familiar looking building and realise it's Simon and Jordan's apartment.

Jordan. I bet Simon doesn't even remember him. His protector. His friend. I walk inside and climb the stairs until I reach their apartment door. I grab the spare key that's hidden under their mat and open the door.

Nothing's changed. The place was a mess, but I liked it better this way.

I walk inside Simon's room and lay down on his mattress. For the past months I haven't been able to sleep at all. Not without Simon. And now that he's here, I don't know what to do. I shouldn't have ran away from him, but when he told me he loved me I didn't want to believe him. He Almost remembers everything.

Almost.

But Almost is never enough.

I let out a frustrated sigh and throw the pillow on the wall.

I really need to talk to Clary.

-----------------------------------

After staying up all night I finally decide to walk back to Luke's farm house. When I arrive no one's awake. All the vampires seemed to have disappeared or disintegrated. Luckily for me Jace wasn't with Clary. Knowing Jocelyn, she wouldn't allow her daughter to stay in a room with Jace.

I quietly go up stairs and walk into Clary's room. She's fast asleep on her bed, her hair a fiery mess. I walk over to the windows and pull back her curtains.

"By The Angel!" I watch as Clary suddenly sits up squinting her eyes at me.

"Isabelle? Where have you been? Simon's been worried sick!" I throw myself onto the bed and scream into her pillow.

"What's wrong Iz?"

"It's Simon!"

"What about Simon?" I slowly sit up and turn to face Clary. She looks confused and upset at the same time.

"Me and Simon talked last night during the party. He's beginning to get his memories back-"

"That's Great! Right?"

I take a deep breath trying to find a way to explain this to Clary.

"I don't know. I mean yes it's great, but he told me he Loved me." Clary's face broke into a smile and before I knew it she was hugging me.

"Clary. Stop." I gently push Clary away from me, only to see a bigger smile planted on her face. I roll my eyes at her.

"The thing is, I don't think I want to start anything romantic with Simon. Not until he ascends."

Clary keeps on smiling, which is really starting to bug me.

"I understand Iz. And so will he if you just tell him instead of running away from him."

At least things were slowly starting to be the way they were before. Simon talked to Clary last night and told her everything. Just like old times. I couldn't help but smile at that.

"And it will work." I give Clary a confused look.

"Simon will Ascend. The Clave will allow him to, considering everything Simon has done. And it will work. We just have to train him."

Clary's right. Simon will ascend. I shouldn't have ran away from him. The last thing I want to do is push him away.

I need to talk to Simon.