Chapter 3 - Simon?

Simon's P.O.V

Since Eric Left, I have to take the bus back home. Sitting alone on a bench and waiting for 30 minutes, Is not how I wanted to spend my Friday night.

"Can I sit here?" I look up and see a tall guy with glitter all over his face and hair. His cat like eyes, looked somewhat familiar.

"Sure" He takes a book out of his coat pocket and hands it to me.

"Does this look familiar to you?" I look at the book and something inside me recognises it. I've noticed lately how a lot of things have looked familiar to me. Clary for instance. I know I've seen her before, I just can't remember where.

I look at the glittery man again and he too looks familiar to me, I just can't figure out why.

"Who are you?" One of his glittery eyebrows quirk up and he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"I mean, I feel like I know you. I just can't remember" He places the book down and reaches into his coat pocket. I watch as he takes out one of my band flyers.

"I have a question for you Simon" He hands me my band flyer and turns around, as if he's looking for someone.

"How did you come up with the band name?"

"The Mortal Instruments? I don't know it just popped into my head"

I turn my head to look at him and a big grin broke out across his face.

"Simon, what I'm about to tell you is a secret between you and us" I'm kinda getting creeped out by this guy. Maybe he's just a crazy man wondering the streets, looking for more glitter.

"Us?" At that moment two people stood by the glitter guy. There was a guy with black hair and deep blue eyes. I could see tattoos going up his arms, and along his neck. It made him look dangerous.

On the other side, was the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. She had the same tattoos running along her arms, down her long slender legs, and along her neck. But that wasn't what caught my attention. It was her jet black hair and her dark eyes. Exactly like the girl from my dreams.

"Simon. This is Alec and Isabelle lightwood." I kept my eyes on Isabelle. I recognise her, from my dreams, but I never dreamt of actually meeting her.

"They're Shadowhunters that-"

"Shadowhunters" That word sounds familiar.

"Yes, Shadowhunters. They protect mundanes like you from demons." I forced my eyes to move back to glitters and stood up, jolting the two standing behind him.

"Demons? What are you talking about?" My eyes moved from Alec, to glitters and then fell on Isabelle.

"Demons. You know? Satans little minions. Simon all those stories you hear about werewolves, vampires, wizards-"

"Warlocks. We prefer to be called Warlocks"

"Whatever. They're all real" I stared at Isabelle. Her voice was like music to my ears, but what she was saying couldn't be true. They're just stories!

"Listen Simon. I know you're probably thinking we're insane. Your memories were taken from you. Everything you knew about the shadow world, about vampires and werewolves, were all taken from you. But I can get them back for you. Not all of them, but some of them" I stared at his cat like eyes and shook my head no.

"I-I don't know" I took a step back, and ran a hand through my hair. This was all just so confusing. My head's telling me run!, but my heart's telling me go for it!

"You recognise at least one of us don't you?" I immediately looked at Isabelle and I saw a flicker of emotion in her eyes. But it was gone before I could register what it was.

"I can give you back your memories. I can prepare you to Ascend, to become a shadowhunters like them. To become the hero you were. The hero you are. Only if you let me try."

I see my bus coming to a stop. When it stops completely, the doors burst open and a group of teenagers walk out. Some of them giving me flirty looks on the way out. Out of the corner of my eyes I see Isabelle's hands turn into fists. I immediately look away, feeling like I just did something wrong.

"Hey kid! You getting on or what?" I look at the bus driver, then at Alec and Isabelle, and then at glitters. Alec's watching Isabelle very closely as if he's afraid she might break down and cry.

"Well?" I look at the bus driver one more time and can tell he's getting impatient.

"No. No I'm not getting on"