IMAGINE ♔ patrick hockstetter

TITLE: three a.m.
WORDCOUNT: 467
REQUESTED BY: XXXgirlVersion

•  •  •  •  •

I was awoken from a peaceful dream by Patrick's restlessness beside me. His body tossed and turned in the sheets, his legs and arms brushing against mine with every move. He finally stopped, let out a deep sigh, then the dark room went quiet again. Feeling relieved, I closed my eyes to try and go back to sleep.

Not twenty seconds later, he goes from laying on his back to his right side, to his left, then back to his back. I pop my eyes back open and let out an aggravated sigh, turning my body around to face him. It was completely black in the room so I couldn't actually see his face, but I had a pretty good picture as to where he was.

"Can you not sleep?" I ask him, breaking the silence. I tried not to sound too harsh, but it was three in the morning and I had a job interview first thing tomorrow.

"Sorry kitten," Patrick says, using my pet name. "I didn't mean to wake you, I just can't sleep." I was gonna roll back around and try to get some shut eye again, but I could hear the edgy tone in his voice that was left after his words. He wanted to talk about it.

Deciding me going back to sleep was not happening, I stretch my limbs out quickly and turned onto my side so that I was facing him, putting my hands together and placing them under my head. "Over thinking stuff again?"

I felt him shrug next to me. "Nah, just thinking about the future. Marriage, kids..." He trailed off.

I let out a chuckle, "Thinking about how you hope our kids won't turn out to be as crazy as you?" I joke.

"Should I take offense to that?" I could practically hear the grin in his voice. Patrick's arms reach out in the dark and grab a hold of my body, pulling me on top of him. I lie back down, folding my arms on his chest and resting my chin on top of them, fluttering my eyes up to look at him (my eyes had, by then, adjusted to the dark well enough that I could make him out). His long fingers entangled in my hair, playing with the strands.

I let out a deep, pleasant sigh, feeling content as I rested my eyes. The room went silent once again, the both of us enjoying each others company. I knew Patrick's mind was still racing by the way his head would move ever so slightly.

His voice cuts the silence. "Do you think the aliens are trying to take over the world?"

[oof this sucked and it's so short
my brain just decided to turn off while writing this]