IMAGINE ♔ victor criss

SONG: lost boy by ruth b
WORDCOUNT: 1132
REQUESTED BY: Evie5hearts
A/N: this was lowkey cheesy and terrible but enjoy ig

• • • • •

Victor Criss stood at the end of the isle in a nervous fit, his leg bouncing up and down as he rubbed his sweaty palms on his black slacks. This was a rare moment for Victor, a moment where he had just realized how happy he was with Y/n. True happiness, something he hadn't felt since he was only five years old. Victor's mind wandered off to the first time he had seen his love, someone that was only a stranger to him then.

"There was a time when I was alone,
Nowhere to go and no place to call home,
My only friend was the man in the moon,
And even sometimes he'd go away too."

It had been a bright, warm day in the small town of Derry, Maine; something that was unusual to happen in mid February. Victor Criss sat in his first period class next to one of his friends, Gard Jagermeyer. Gard wasn't the first person Victor would choose to talk with, but seeing as though none of the other students would even give him a glance (not wanting to somehow end up on the bad side of his gang) Gard had to do. He was more of an acquaintance then friend.

He was chuckling at a stupid joke that Gard had made about the stuttering boy that sat only three rows in front of the two. The smile didn't quite meet his eyes, as it normally didn't.

He had been a very quiet and secretive boy back then, having been suffering from depression and anxiety; disorders he, at the time, knew nothing about nor ever questioned. Being that his parents were barely around, always being caught in work, they were never around Victor enough to ever notice the emotional pain he was going through so he never got the correct treatment that could've helped him.

Victor never did know why he gained these disorders. Maybe from his parents slight absence, or because he didn't feel as happy as he should when he was around his friends. Both made him equally depressed, and he had stayed this way for most of his childhood and teenhood.

"Then one night, as I closed my eyes
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for awhile
He said, "Peter Pan, that's what they call me
I promise that you'll never be lonely," and ever since that day"

That is until he met Y/n.

Y/n L/n had been a new student to Derry High School, a new person to the whole town actually. She had walked into the classroom that same morning, holding her backpack tight against her shoulders as she walked in two minutes late with an unsure look on her face; obviously still not sure if she was in the right class.

Everyone's attention quickly turned to the stranger, Victor's especially. After one quick once-over, he had already decided in his mind that she was the most gorgeous person throughout the entire school. As much as he wanted to make her his, he knew it probably wouldn't work out. Y/n would eventually find out about who he was and what he and his gang of bullies had done to everyone in school; then she'd be like everyone else—avoiding him at all costs.

"I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy," they say to me
Away from all of reality"

Instead, it didn't quite work out that way.

There was an empty seat behind Victor, and that's where the teacher had pointed for Y/n to go. On her way back, she gave Victor a smile that would eventually rock his world before sitting directly behind him.

After her first week of school, she still continued to smile at Victor every time she passed by him. Surely she had seen or heard about how he ran around the town with Henry Bowers by now, so why was she still acting so nice towards him? Victor took it upon himself to figure it out, so when he asked her to borrow a pencil in class, after he had purposely forgot his, and she said yes with that usual kind smile; he asked her if she wanted to grab a bite with him after school. And, much like the pencil, she said yes.

"Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free
Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free"

One date led to the next, and it was eventually Y/n that had made the first move on Vic; kissing him quickly then pulling back with a light blush dancing across her cheeks. She was quickly considered as 'his' girl the very next day, and everyone knew it.

Victor didn't quite know it, but when Y/n was around he was a whole different person. He was happier and more lively and talkative, and the gang quickly saw this and ultimately allowed Y/n to hang around with them.

"He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe
Believe in him and believe in me
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the town that never loved me
I realized I finally had a family
Soon enough we reached Neverland
Peacefully my feet hit the sand
And ever since that day"

The day Y/n had told Victor that she loved him for the first time, was the day that he, too, realized how happy his life was becoming.

Y/n was the person that saved him from being in a state where he believed no one truly cared about him, from the depression he had grown into. Everything was better when he was around her. Victor finally felt wanted and loved again like he had all those years ago.

"Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling
Even Captain Hook, you are my perfect story book
Neverland, I love you so
You are now my home sweet home
Forever a lost boy at last"

The music began, snapping Victor back into reality. He turned his head to look at Y/n and he felt his breath hitch and his heart stop just as it did the first time he saw her. He could hear the snickers of his friends standing behind him and practically feel their smirks and eyes moving between him and his love, but he didn't dare turn to give them a look. His own eyes were too focused on Y/n's.

Yes, Victor Criss was finally happy; surrounded by friends and family that he knew loved him, but most of all he finally had someone that he knew would always and forever care for him, love him.