The Fateful Day! Contd...

<Krish's POV>

A relief engulfed within me, seeing my son sleep. I couldn't thank the lady enough for what she has been doing for me on my behalf. Seeing them in deep sleep I closed the door and moved out for some fresh air. Food and water long forgotten, I was remembering Anika. I hoped for a better day to come and wished for her speedy recovery.

Next day, managing Ansh was becoming even more difficult for me. Mom had brought his toys and we could divert him somehow. Anika and Avinash showed no progress until afternoon. We even discussed with Doctors of shifting them to a nearby hospital inside the city as we were in remote location. But that wasn't advisable for Anika as the treatment was in halfway. For Avinash they need some expert confirmation so they asked to wait.

Ansh didn't know what's happening but he got attached to Ananya and was with her all the time. She made him have dinner and patted to sleep

That night around 10, we received another unexpected shock. Doctors had declared Avinash brain dead and he was put into ventilator support. He put forth some options in front of us to decide upon. Ananya couldn't even react to that. she sat rooted to the chair for such a big blow. Without any critical injury we expected him to recover at the earliest, seeing death was no where in thoughts also. She had no one from the family to even console her. My Mom was with her, I couldn't find words to console her.

I signalled mom to talk to her while she was sitting like a statue on the lobby chair.

"Ananya, Kuch toh bolo beta" she shook her.

Tears nowhere to stop she finally spoke showing her hands in air "Aunty .... Main... main kaise apne gharwalon ko bataaungi!! I... I.... have no guts....Avinash left me" she cried bitterly closing her face with hands.

Mom took her into a warm hug. None of us could speak anything!
After a few hours, she composed herself & moved aside to the lobby to make some calls, Probably to inform her family. How would they even take this news?

It was early morning; she went to the Doctors cabin while I followed her.

Ananya – "Doctor, I would like to donate all the viable organs of my husband to the needy. Please proceed with formalities.

Doctor – "Are you sure Mrs. Avinash?"

Ananya – "We are already organ donors Dr, so it shouldn't be a problem in anyways" she confirmed.

I was stunned to hear something like this. I have heard about people donating organs, seen films as well. But something in front of my eyes was terrifying! How could one even think of this at this grieving hour? I had a huge respect and pride for this lady, A woman of substance I thought!

Soon the formalities were done. She bid goodbye to us, not forgetting to assure us about Anika. She left her number with mom and asked to contact her for any help which was even more astonishing. His company's HR helped in arranging to fly to his hometown to complete the rituals.

Days passed, Anika condition was worsening. Some or the other complication cropped up. She showed no improvement and she too finally bid good bye to us. A fortnight passed. Handling Ansh was becoming difficult day by day. He stopped talking and playing. He became so quiet and rude and adamant if we tried to force something on him. We tried giving into his demands owing to his condition who actually couldn't even understand what has happened in our lives. I felt so helpless though friends and family were with me...

One Saturday, Mom called upon to check with Ananya if she had come back and what's happening with her. She had called mom once in between before Anika's death, not after that, neither we were in a position to call her. She informed her about Anika's death as she wasn't aware of same, obvious reason being she didn't check the social sites in her grieve.