Expect the unexpected!!

She jolted and woke up; sweating profusely, only to realize that it was not the reality.

Unable to catch anymore sleep post the most raging dream, she decided to take a walk outside. The early morning 5AM chill breeze did calm her down to a great extent. The chirping sounds of birds vaguely heard did wonders to her mind. A subtle way to welcome a new day, a new beginning – she thought.

After a couple of minutes, she came in creepily opening the door, decided to switch on the dim lights to move towards kitchen for making her coffee. To her surprise, Krish was sitting on the lounge lethargically with legs on the coffee table; TV muted showing some old cricket match. Wondering his presence, she paced and stood in front of him expecting some surprise reaction. But was foiled on seeing him eyes closed - Ear Pods plugged and mobile playing some songs.

Tapping her head, folding her hairs to a loose bun she slowly spoke - "ya toh gaana suno, ya fir TV dekho... yeh kaunsa 2-in-1 kaam hua... Naa aar , Naa Paar", she growled. Leaning forward, she admired him for few seconds and forwarded her hands to remove his Ear Pods. At the same time, when he turned his face from left to right, her hands brushed his cheeks that made him jerk & open his eyes and swiftly hold the thing that disturbed him.

She was startled by his actions when he held her wrist tight and her silky long hair that was a loose bun completely opened on her left covering both of them like curtain. "Hey it's me!!" she calmed him.
It was a momentary spark that didn't even allow either of them to blink their eyes, Smile creeping ear to ear.

"Good Morning!" She sounded husky & blinked both eyes, smiling brightly!
"Good morning.... Beautiful" he replied in break winking that lowered her gaze and blush artfully which he didn't fail to observe due to the proximity they were in.

"What are you doing at this hour?" He asked breaking the stance.
"What if I ask you the same?" She reverted pushing her tongue inside her right side and raising eyebrows.

"Sawal ka jawab doosra sawaal nahin hota hain!" he replied jerking and pulling her a little more closer

"Really? Lesson for the day... Noted!! " she gave back

"Ek Lesson nahin, poora book sikhaana padega tujhe..." he didn't refrain to revert back. He knew what exactly he meant.

"Coffee?" She asked tucking her hair back to her ears with his hold still on her wrist which she indirectly indicated him to leave.
"With Ananya..." he completed in a filmy style "Wooow... Makes my Day! Blessed birthday indeed!!!" he said dreamily taking her hands more closer and left immediately making her roll her eyes

"Filmy Malhotra..." she said by closing and opening her all fingers towards him and rushing back, She heard him say - "I'll wait in the terrace. Come there"

He thought of something and departed to his room before reaching terrace. She with coffee tray did the same. Stepped in her room, finished the task she thought of and then went up.

She saw him sitting on the parapet, positioning two hands on either side, casually waving his legs to and fro and humming some songs. Handing over his coffee she diagonally leaned to his right.

Just before dawn, the sky filled with blended tones of oranges and yellows. Coffee in hand, her fingers tracing the steam above the warm liquid, "Nice song" she exclaimed sipping the coffee and stealing glances at him. While he plastered a smile, His one hand holding coffee and other was restlessly moving inside the pocket. He deliberately didn't start any conversation but noticed her gaze constantly.

Scrolling through his mobile, he uttered-
"aisa ghoor naa mujhko!
pyaar ho jayega tujhko!!"
And saw her from the corner of his eyes for her reaction. She immediately turned her gaze not failing to roll her eyes.
"Arey it's a forward message" he tried to cover up.
"Haan ho gaya" she said loud enough to hear.
Not believing what he heard, turned to her shocked "what??? Come again"