Broken and Confused

{Zed POV}
I shut the door behind me holding in every tear. I slid down against the door hearing every single cry coming from Addison. I wanted so badly to just go back to her and hold her in my arms and to tell her everything will be alright, but I had to do this. Luke was right.

—flashback to football practice—
I tried my best to control my anger and not just tackle Luke right there. I mean if coach saw me loose control I would probably be benched for our  next game. We were playing a game of scrimmage to focus on everyone's needs. Everything was going fine so far until Luke was placed in front of me.

"So you're the the zombie that changed Seabrook's football reputation." Luke snickered at me. It took everything I had to control my emotions and just ignore his comment. "I guess little zombie doesn't speak. This will just make it easier to get my cheerleader."

"Don't you already have her? I saw you two kissing under the bleachers." I whispered back angrily.

"The little brat pushed me off and slapped me, you know she has taken quite the liking in you. Either way it doesn't matter. No matter how much the view of zombies have changed, her parents would never approve of you guys together. A zombie and cheerleader will never work. Do you really want Addison to not be allowed to cheer because her parents wouldn't approve of you."

I began  to smile knowing that Addy pushed away from the kiss. But soon it began to form into a frown. He was right. Last time, she almost gave up cheering just to be with me. I know her parents have changed their idea of zombies, but would they really let her be with me.

"What do you know? You're just new. I care about Addison and she cares about me. We'll find a way to make us work." I said back not fully confident in my words.

"I'm just saying mate, me and you both know that cheering means the world to her. So, if you really care about her like how you say, you would make the right decision and let me have her. Or else, I could always find a way to destroy your girl's or should I say my girl's dream of cheering."

I couldn't take it anymore. I tackled him, took off his helmet and just lost control.

—back to the present—
I had to do this. No matter how much this kills me inside, I would never forgive myself if Addy lost cheer because of me.

Now we know why Zed did what he did? Will Addison ever find out the truth? And will Luke really get Addison to be with him?