Popping the Question

--------6 years later--------

{Zed POV}
It's been 2 years since Addy and I graduated college, and things honestly couldn't have been better. I got a job at Seabrook High as the football coach since my old coach got a promotion and Addison got her dream of becoming a doctor for children at the local hospital. We got our own place right in-between the zombie community and the norms community. Life was perfect so far, but I was stressing out about one thing. Our 9th year anniversary was coming up and I thought that now was the perfect time to propose. Like I did in high school, I called Bree for some help. I knew it was risky since she almost let it slip last time, but I was desperate for someone's help.

"Omg, I can't believe this is actually happening. It's about time, I mean come on you've been with my best friend for nine years and now you finally realize she's the one for you." Bree came storming in the house using the spare key Addison gave her. Moments like these made me regret letting her give Bree a key.

"We were 15 when we met. Isn't that a little too young to get married?" I laughed a little.

"Not when it's Zeddison, anyway the first step is we have to get a ring. Now it can't just be any ring... this has to be perfect. With enough diamonds, but not too much and it has to be simple, but also not over the to-" I cut Bree off and pulled the box out of the drawer.

"I have the ring right here. I know I asked your help, but when I saw it all I could think about was Addison. I knew this was the one."

"Zed, this is perfect

"Zed, this is perfect. She's going to love it." I smiled at Bree's reaction. If she loved the ring, I knew that Addison would love it even more. "Now for the location. So I was thinking of doing at a place that has a lot of meaning. Addy loves simple places that brings her back memories, so do have any ideas?"

"Yeah, I know a perfect spot."
———————————
Bree and I headed over to the school and set everything up. We moved around the furniture in the Zombie Safe Room so it was exactly like how Addison and I met. We made a trail of rose petals that led into the kitchen at my house that led to Addison's clue of where to meet me. Now it was just about waiting for My girlfriend to come.

{Addison POV}
I got home after a long night at work. I love my job, taking care of kids, seeing the smiles on their faces after I've helped them heal, it's the best feeling in the world.

I drove back home and was surprised to find pink rose petals leading to the kitchen.

"Zed, I'm home. Are you here?" I yelled hoping he was. I followed the path and was shocked to find my old cheer shirt and my name on a card on top of the counter.

Dear Addison,
Put on your cheer top and meet me at the place where it all violently started  for us.
-Z

I laughed remembering how I punched him the first time we met. I had no idea what this was, but I listened to his directions. So I put my cheer top on with jeans and headed my way to Seabrook High.

I walked into the Zombie Safe Room and turned on the lights. I was surprised to see that everything was set up like how it was years ago when we first met. Even with the light on, part of the room was still dark.

"Hey." Zed came out of the shadows and was soon right in front of me. He was dressed in an outfit that he used to wear and memories started to flood back in my mind.

"What are we doing here Zed?"

"Well this is where our story started. And now this is where our dating chapter will end-" Wait What was he talking about? Was he really about to break up with me? "Before you start freaking out, I'm not breaking up with you. As I was saying this is the beginning of us starting our lives together. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were something special. When I first met you, you hated your white hair and was afraid of what people would say. But I can honestly say that your hair is my favorite thing about you because it's unique. Your uniqueness is my favorite thing about you. How you can just smile at me when I'm mad and all the darkness would go away. And when you laugh it's my favorite sound in the world. I know it wasn't exactly easy for us in the beginning, but having you in the end made all the challenges worth it. It was all worth it because I love you Addison, and if you're okay with it, I would love it if you would be mine." He got down on one knee and I stopped breathing for a second. He opened the box and inside was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. "Addison, will you marry me?"

"Yes."
—————————-
Guys these last chapters are my favorite writing so far. How excited are you guys for the Zeddison wedding? And what do you guys think of the new cover? Only 3 chapters left. Thank you guys for your support and next chapter will be out Wednesday.