Just To Protect You

This is Zed's POV after they broke up leading up to Zed and the girl kissing.

{Zed POV}
2 weeks have passed. 2 weeks of not communicating, touching, or even looking at Addison. It physically and mentally broke me. Every single day I acted like everything was normal and nothing ever happened. Just because I acted as if I didn't care about Addison, that couldn't be the truth even if I tried. Without anyone noticing I would always just stare at her and see the pain in her eyes. Cheer meant everything to Addison, but she still was failing at it. When we walked past each other in the halls I just laughed and talked to Eliza and Bonzo. We haven't been hanging out with Bree, Bucky, or the Aceys since Zaddison falling apart. Bucky was always there to protect Addison and ready to give me the death glare. I can't blame him though, he's her cousin and he loves her, I would do the same.

It's been a month and Addison was starting to act like her normal peppy self. Others may have believed her act, but I loved her and knew she was faking it all. From the smile to her adorable laughs and all the times she said "I'm fine" were all not real.

Practice was over and I was last in the locker room or so I thought. I was about to turn the knob of the door and leave when I heard the voice of the devil himself.

"Listen I don't know what kind of spell you have on her but you need to end it. Addison will be mine so just give up already freak!" Luke yelled in my face while poking his finger in my chest. I swear you could see smoke bursting out of his ears and noise.

"I don't know what you're talking about, okay. I haven't talked her in a month. And why do you feel threatened, I always see you constantly near her and it doesn't matter anyway. You won. Now leave me alone and if you hurt her I swear I'll kill you." I pushed back and walked towards the door.

"You really think she's moved on with me huh." I just stood there still facing the door. " I don't get it. I try to get her to go on at least one date with me, but noooo she is still in love with you. You two not being together isn't enough. If you want Addison to still be cheering you're going to listen to everything I tell you to do." Even though I wasn't facing him I just knew there was an evil smirk forming on his face.

"Look I'll do whatever you want, just don't take cheer away from her." I knew where this was heading, but I wasn't going to just stand here and let Addison get hurt even more.

He started speaking and my hand was balled up in a fist ready to punch this dirtbag. "That's a good zombie. Now listen. Tomorrow morning you're going to show up at school hand in hand with another girl, any girl I don't really care. Then you are going to stand a couple of feet in front of Addison in her view and kiss that girl."

My heart broke at his words and I just sat there while he basically skipped out of the room. I punched one of the lockers hard causing a dent and my knuckles to bleed and bruise. How was I going to do this?

— the next day—
I walked into the school hand in hand with another girl just like Luke had said. I hoped and wished all night to not see Addison so I wouldn't have to do this, and of course she was the first girl I noticed. Her white beautiful hair laying perfectly on her shoulders and that smile was just sparkling in the sunlight. Now I had to be the one to take that all away. Her eyes locked with mine and I knew what was about to happen would destroy her. Within a second I followed Luke's instructions and kissed the girl in front of me imagining it was Addy. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Addison run away crying. Bucky and Bree quickly turned around to see what happened. Bree ran and attempted to find Addison, but an angry Bucky stomped up to me and I knew what was going to happen and I was going to let it happen. I let his fist collide with my face.

"Look I don't know what you're problem is but stop hurting my cousin. You don't get how much she loves you huh? I don't care what you do or who you do it with, but if Addy get hurts one more time because of you I will end you Zed." Bucky said to me and started waking away with the Aceys following. Yeah, I definitely deserved that. I pushed the random girl that I just kissed off of me and ran back home. I've been through so much pain just to protect the girl I love. I knew love was hard, but did it really have to be this hard.