Chapter 14

"Pregnant!" Paul threw back his head and sighed, "You said that you would take the morning after pill!"

Andrea frowned as she stepped to him, "I forgot.. Besides, we can make this work.. I love being with you."

He turned a sad expression to Andrea, "Are you sure it's mine? What about Liam?"

She huffed and rolled her eyes, "He's fixed, and always used protection. He never trusted me."

Paul chuckled, "Can you blame him?"

Andrea slowly turned an angry glare to him, "What did you do to Kara again? Oh, yeah.. Fucked some random skank the night before the wedding? Thank God she caught you.."

He ran his hands through his thick hair, "We can't have a baby! I was hoping.."

Andrea threw her head back and laughed, "You still think Kara will take you back? You're so full of shit!"

Paul turned sad eyes down to the ground, "You trapped me, but I fell for it." She watched with an eased expression as he walked away and back to his office.

***************
Kara stood nervous behind the massive apartment door. She was surprised as she smirked when Hazel greeted her, "Hi Kara!"

Kara leaned down and hugged the excited child, "Hi Hazel! I'm glad to see you!"

Hazel tilted her head as she gave her a questionable look, "Really? My dads old girlfriend never wanted me around."

Kara's mouth slightly dropped and her eyes cut to an approaching Liam, "Hazel, your dad and I are only friends."

Hazel shrugged, "Whatever. Hey! Ya wanna see my room?"

" Sure.."

Kara smiled to Liam as Hazel pulled her to her massive room. It was fit for a princess. After a tour of rest of the apartment, the trio sat at the kitchen bar eating pizza. Liam would make Kara blush as she caught him staring at her. He cleared his throat as he turned his attention to his daughter, "Hazel, how as school today?"

Hazel kept her attention on her pizza and shrugged, "Fine.."

"Do you have your bag packed for your mothers?"

Hazel sighed, "Yes sir.."

Liam's brow wrinkled as his phone rang, "Excuse me.."

Kara watched as he stepped to the living room. When she turned back, she noticed Hazel looking at her bruised arm where her chemo IV was placed, "What?"

"What happened to your arm?"

Kara quickly glanced at it then back to her, "I had a blood sample taken."

"Because your sick?"

"Yes, but you promised not to tell anyone."

"I haven't."

Kara sighed, "Thank you."

"Do you like my dad?"

Kara treaded lightly, "Yes."

"Does my mom know that you're here?"

Liam had ended his call and was listening in on the conversation, "I don't know Hazel, but if she needs to know, I think your dad will do right and tell her."

"Why does she need to know.."

Kara sighed with a concerned brow, "Hazel, your parents love you more than anything. They both need to know who is part of your life. If I had kids, I would want to know that everyone around them has their best interest at heart."