Chapter 19

Liam sighed as he ran his hand through his hair, "I wasn't hiding anything from him Kara.."

Kara snapped back to face him, "But you didn't tell him.." He could see the hurt in her eyes, "Why?"

He pressed his hand against the glass, "I want him to treat you.. I was afraid.."

She angrily interrupted him, "You were afraid that if he knew I had feelings for you, he wouldn't treat me?" Liam looked down as she shook her head, "How.. I can't do this.. I'm not going to use his feelings for my benefit! It's wrong.."

Liam snapped his head back up to her, "You said you would fight for me.. do anything to stay alive!"

Kara banged her fist on the glass, "What's the fucking point if I can't bear to live with myself!" He paced back and forth in anger. She watched him as he stalked her like she was his prey, "Liam!" He stopped and glared at her, "Liam.. Listen to me.." His expression eased, "I love you.. but I can't let this turn me into something that I'm not."

He pressed his hands on the top of his head and pressed his eyes, "What are you going to do?"

Kara pressed her hand to the glass as her eyes pleaded for him to understand, "Tell the truth.."

Liam opened his eyes to her pain stricken face. He eased up to the glass and pressed his hand against hers, "Okay.."

*******************

Mr. Soto's brow wrinkled as Kara's confession sunk in, "You and Liam?"

She nodded with her head down, "Yes, but not until after I met you."

He took a deep sigh, "Why did you tell me?"

Kara slightly rolled her eyes and flung up her hands, "Because I wanted to be honest.. I didn't know what you wanted or expected of me."

He cocked an amused eyebrow, "Most people would had kept their mouth shut."

Kara scoffed a chuckle, "Please forgive me for being able to sleep easy at night."

Mr Soto looked her up and down as he chuckled, "There she is.. There is Miss Kara.."

She turned away as she tried to suppress a smile, "Sorry.."

"Don't be." She turned back to him, "I'll still treat you. For your honesty." Kara's face turned to excitement, "Then I'll steal you away from Liam."

Her smile eased, "You know I can't keep your intentions from Liam?"

He stepped closer to the glass, "Go ahead, makes it more interesting."

Kara pursed her lips as she watched him walk away.

*************
Next day

"No! Hell no!"

Kara looked to Liam in disbelief, "What?!"

Liam's leg shook with anger, "No! I'm not sending you to Japan alone to be seduced and guilt tripped into sleeping with him!"

Kara looked down and walked away, "What do you want me to do? It was okay to use him, but when he didn't know about us." Her chest heaved as she turned back to him, "How is that right?"

Liam walked up to the window, "You're right. I... I just want you alive. If you fall in love with someone else, at least you'll still be here."

She started to cry as she walked to the window, "I won't fall in love with someone else. I just want you.." Her eyes frantically search his face for answer, "Please trust me.. Your the only person I have ever been with. The only person I want to be with."

Liam smiled to her, "I love you."

She smiled back, "I love you too. Remember, you promised me a real date when I get better."

He chuckled as he studied her sweet excited face, "I will."

***************

After a week of treatment in Japan, Liam flew to Sotos research facilities to visit Kara. He held his composure as Mr. Soto greeted him, "Hello
Mr. Soto? How is my girlfriend doing?"

Akia smirked a challenging smile, "I am afraid she is under the weather, perhaps.."

Liam growled as he cut him off, "Where is she?"

Akia hung his head, "She would not want you to see her like this, but very well.."

Liam held his breath as he approached the viewing window. Mr. Soto stared along with him, "What is happening to her?"

Mr. Soto sighed as he looked down, "She is responding to the treatment, but her side effects are severe I'm afraid. As you can see from her shaking, she is suffering from fever and chills along with low blood pressure. We told her the risk before she accepted treatment of course."

Liam had a tear ease out of his eye, "I wish I could see her."

Akia pursed his lips, "Lets both pay her a visit." Liam snapped his questionable look to him.

Kara's blue lips shook as she smiled to Liam as he approached her bedside, "You came..?"

Liam smiled through his hazmat suit as he stroked her soaked brow, "I missed you too much to stay away.."

Akia looked away and started to make his exit until she spoke, "Thank you." He smiled and nodded to her before leaving the couple alone.

Liam held back tears as he grasped her hand, "How are you feeling?"

Kara's lip and voice shivered as she spoke, "This is so hard.. I hurt so much.. The worst part, is being away from you, but I can get through this, so I can stay with you a little longer."

Liam's heart broke as he thought to himself, "Was it selfish to ask her to do this? She was suffering because of his selfish need of keeping her here." He felt terrible, but he couldn't let her go, "I'm so sorry you're having to do this. I love you."

Kara started to sob with pressed eye, "I live to love you."

***********
Did you like the chapter?

Are you surprised that Mr. Soto still treated her?

Was Liam wrong or just desperate to use Mr. Soto?