'Constance'

Disclaimer- I do not own Supernatural or Avengers, I do own however my story lines, so please do not copy or steal. Thank you.

..._..._..._..._..._..._..._..._..._...

Part Three - Pilot
Library

A web browser is open to the archive search page for the Jericho Herald. The words 'Female Murder Hitchhiking' are typed into the search box. Dean clicks GO, the screen tells him there are '(0) Result'. Dean replaces 'Hitchhiking' with 'Centennial Highway' with the same response. Sam is sitting next to him, Wanda stands behind Deans chair, both watching.

Sam leans over. "Let me try."

Dean smacks Sam's hand. "I got it." Wanda huffs and pushes Dean's chair away, making Sam chuckle.

"Really?" Wanda starts to type, Dean hits a laughing Sam's shoulder. Sam makes an 'ow' face and rubs his sore spot.

"What was that for?" Dean scoffs and watches Wanda.

"That's for laughing."

Wanda turns around to face towards the brothers. "Alright, angry spirits are born from violent deaths."

Dean raises an eyebrow. "Yeah."

"Maybe we aren't dealing with a murder." Wanda replaces 'Murder' with 'Suicide' and finds an article entitled 'Suicide on Centennial'. Dean and Sam glance at Wanda. She opens the article, dated April 25, 1981.

A local woman's drowning death was ruled a suicide, the county Sheriff's Department said earlier today. Constance Welch, 24, of 4636 Breckenridge Road, leapt off Sylvania Bridge, at mile 33 of Centennial Highway, and subsequently drowned last night.
Deputy J. Pierce told reporters that, hours before her death, Ms. Welch logged a call with 911 emergency services. In a panicked tone, Ms. Welch described how she found her two young children, 5 and 6, in the bathtub, after leaving them alone for several minutes.

'What happened to my children was a terrible accident. And it must have been too much for my wife. Our babies were gone, and Constance just couldn't bear it,' said husband Joseph Welch. 'Now I ask that you all please respect my privacy during this trying time.'

At the time of the children's death and Ms. Welch's subsequent suicide, Mr. Welch was at the Frontier auto salvage yard, where he works the graveyard shift as associate manager.

'Connie might have been quiet, but she was the sweetest, most caring girl I ever knew,' said Deanna Kripke, a neighbor. 'She just doted on those children.'

Sam reads over Wanda's shoulder. "This was 1981. Constance Welch, twenty-four years old, jumps off Sylvania Bridge, drowns in the river."

"Does it say why she did it?" Dean asks, also reading the article.

Sam nods. "Yeah."

Dean looks to Sam. "What?"

Wanda answers instead. "An hour before they found her, she calls 911. Apparently her two little kids are in the bathtub. She leaves them alone for a minute, and when she comes back, they aren't breathing. Both die."