'Dean!'

Disclaimer- I do not own Supernatural or Avengers, I do own however my story lines, so please do not copy or steal. Thank you.
..._..._..._..._..._..._..._..._..._...

Part 6 - Wendigo
Campsite - Forest
Day

Sam is sitting against a hollow tree stump, holding John's journal and playing with a lanyard. Dean, Wanda, who is leaning against him half tired, Haley and Ben are among the tents.

"I don't...I mean, these types of things, they aren't supposed to be real. And how did Wanda do that?"

Dean sighs "I wish I could tell you different and that's just Wanda."

"How do we know it's not out there watching us?"

Wanda shrugs. "We don't."

"How do you guys know about this stuff?" As Haley asks this, Dean considers how to answer.

"Kind of runs in the family."

Sam comes over. "Hey." Haley stands up. "So we've got half a chance in the daylight. And I for one want to kill this evil son of a bitch."

Dean smiles. "Well, hell, you know I'm in." Wanda sighs before standing.

"You know I go wherever you guys go."

Sam shows the wendigo page of John's journal to Haley and Ben.

"'Wendigo' is a Cree Indian word. It means 'evil that devours'."

Dean explains next after Sam. "They're hundreds of years old. Each one was once a man. Sometimes an Indian, or other times a frontiersman or a miner or hunter."

"How's a man turn into one of those things?" Haley asks.

Dean picks a couple things up off the ground but Wanda is the one to answer.

"Well, during some harsh winter a guy finds himself starving, he is cut off from supplies or help. Becoming a cannibal to survive, eating other members of his tribe or camp basically."

"Like the Donner Party."

Sam continues off. "Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a person certain abilities. Speed, strength, immortality."

"If you eat enough of it, over years, you become this less than human thing. You're always hungry." Dean finishes off.

Haley looks to them worriedly. "So if that's true, how can Tommy still be alive?"

"You're not gonna like it." Dean glances at Sam, then Wanda, then back to Haley.

"Tell me."

He sighs. "More than anything, a wendigo knows how to last long winters without food. It hibernates for years at a time, but when it's awake it keeps its victims alive. It, uh, it stores them, so it can feed whenever it wants. If your brother's alive, it's keeping him somewhere dark, hidden, and safe. We gotta track it back there."

"And then how do we stop it?"

"Well, guns and knives aren't any good. The only thing that can beat them is-" As Wanda talks, Dean holds up the can of lighter fluid, the beer bottle, and the white cloth he'd picked up.

"Torching it."

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Forest

Dean leads the way through the woods, Molotov cocktail in hand. Haley follows, then Wanda, then Ben, then Sam. They pass trees with claw marks and blood.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Later

Sam is leading the group now.

"Dean. Wanda"

Both of them catch up. "What is it?" Dean asks.

Sam, Wanda and Dean look around at the trees. There are bloody claw marks and broken branches everywhere.

"You know, I was thinking, those claw prints, so clear and distinct. They were almost too easy to follow." Sam questions.

Growling. Sam and Dean whip around. Trees rustle. Red mist start to appear.

"It's here."

Haley is standing under a tree. Blood drips on her shirt. She notices and looks up, then leaps out of the way, Roy's corpse lands where she'd stood.

Dean examines Roy as Sam and Wanda go over to Haley. She latches onto Wanda's arm

"You okay? You got it?" Sam asks.

Dean looks over to them. "His neck broke."

More growling is heard.

"Okay, run, run, run, run, go, go, go!"

Everybody takes off. The Wendigo leaps at them and Wanda quickly puts up a shield, making the creature bounce of it.

Ben falls and Sam hurries back to help him up with Wanda creating a shield around them, dividing the group two and two.

Sam pulls him up. "Come on, I gotcha, I gotcha."

Dean and Haley stop short, the wendigo is in front of them. Haley screams.

Ben says, scared. "Haley?"

Sam stops running and picks up Dean's Molotov cocktail, the bottle broken. Wanda looks to it with scared eyes and looks around.

"Dean!"