First Contact

Zed's POV

I sigh, rolling out of my bed. I'm really not looking forward to going to school. It's midyear and human school has already lost all the initial magic, it's just the stumble through classes now.  

Morning is a drag of the normal routine-get up, eat, and leave. My life is pretty uneventful, but the walk to school was a buzz of energy. Green hair and pale skin was bustling all around me and the amount of excitement was unusual. I hear snippets of talking "humans" "classes" "school" it's not long until I zone out. 

Then, "Ah!" someone screams as they collide into me. We both tumble to the ground. It was a girl, a human girl. And she was lying on top of me. We made eye contact for a second before she lept up, flustered. "Oh, I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to" 

"It's fine, really," I say back letting my lips curve up into a little smile. She wasn't exactly bad looking with her face a bright shade of pink. "I'm Zed" I add on reaching out my hand. She hesitates before grabbing it.

"(Y/N)" she says softly, still a little panicked. I opened my mouth to say more but before I knew it she was being pulled back onto the human side of the campus. Oh, great. Cheerleaders. As if I hadn't had enough of that crud already.

As I walked to my locker I felt a pair of arms around my neck. "Guess who!" the voice was unmistakably Addison's.

"Good morning, Zeddy" I greet her, spinning her around. I was about to kiss her but out of the corner of my eye I saw (Y/N) watching causing me to abruptly stop. I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't get myself to do it.

"Are you okay?" Addison asks. I know she is genuinely concerned but I honestly couldn't be bothered more than to let out a half-hearted "Yeah" before the bell rung. Then it was off to literature.