Finally Dawn?

It's over. I left and recovered with a miraculous speed. All I wanted was to see Zed. My mother had already flown back home. I caught a bus back to Zombietown. The driver was kind. He had kind of a hoarse voice. I vaguely recognized him.

I hopped off the bus right in front of Zeds. I opened the door and knocked on the wall as I walked in.

"Thought you'd come over." Zed grinned. "We have a lot of catching up to do."

We spent the afternoon laughing and talking and he told me how Addison lured him into the trap with Bucky. I realized that Tracey followed me? Was he involved in this sick plan, too? Too many questions. Just then, a mailman knocked on the door. I cautiously opened it. Standing there was a man shuffling through his bag. He handed me a letter. From mom.

"I can't believe it's all finally over..." Zed said wondrously. I shuffled awkwardly. This letter could only be one thing. I could barely bring myself to think it.

"What's in that letter, babe— oh, sorry. Got kind of carried away..." Zed blushed down at his shoes. I smiled, but the feeling of him calling me babe didn't hit my heart like it should've. This letter... was stopping me from feeling happy.
"That's ok, you can call me that." I snapped back to reality. I had to tell him. Just right now? Well it could probably wait-
"Hey, Y/N. You can tell me what's in the letter if you're comfortable..." Well, it totally had to be now. It took me a minute to choose my words but ended up putting it bluntly...
"Zed..."

"These are my plane tickets home..."

A/N: Thanks a bazillion for your support! I can't express how much we love you guys for your support! Unfortunately, we haven't been able to write as many chapters lately, meaning our upload schedule will inevitably slow... and the end is near! Hope you all will follow us into the future! ❤️