The Next Day

Y/N- you're name
E/C-Eye color

H/C-Hair color

Another day, another head injury, and another awkward staring session with Tracey, another boring breakfast. I practically sprinted out the door, 100% ready to get away from the creep. I decided to take a shortcut through Zombie-Town to try to catch Ze-- no because I wanted to avoid Tracey. I involuntarily sighed when I saw that Zed had already left, but a little girl remained on his porch.

"Are you even allowed to be here? You're a human..." I glare at her. Her eyes widen. "You're Zed's girlfriend!"

Now it was my turn to be shocked. "WHAT?" She giggles. I stop walking and wait for her to explain.

"He hasn't stopped talking about you since yesterday! He thinks you're cute." She sheepishly hid her face. I took a moment to process what she said. "He said 'I could get lost forever in her E/C eyes, and I dream of running my fingers through her H/C hair', just like your eyes and hair! Really! I'm his sister!" She said and snickered once more.

Hereallylikesmeforrealthisisnothappening... my mind is a mess. I wobble hazily to school and slump at my desk. Everything is such a blur. I can only focus on Zed's sister's words as the professors try to do their job. I sulk to lunch, my stomach feels like it's on fire (I don't know if it's from hunger or... something else).

I look for Zed in the lunchroom, my heart disobediently pounding. I don't see him and my stomach drops. What if he was beaten up? Is he in trouble? Is he ok?

I have to take a walk. Clearing my head is the only option at this point. I walk out. I wasn't hungry anyway. I turn to a lesser-walked hall. Nobody will find me here, so I'm free to think about Ze-

Were those footsteps? Nobody should be out here.

I stopped. The footsteps stop too.

Is someone following me?

My heart begins to do flips and not the good kind that I felt with Zed. A malicious chuckle escapes the lips of my stalker. So it wasn't Zed.

The footsteps speed up and so do mine. I scream for help but nobody can save me. Everyone's at lunch. No, no, no, no, no this is not happening. My thoughts move in slow motion, my breaths speed up. "No!" I cry in defeat as the final nail in my coffin looms ahead.

A dead end.

The figure approaches. It was then that my brain decided to catch up and identify the person.

"B-Bucky?" He forces out a crooked smile at the sound of my voice calling his name. He steps closer. Ok, what can I throw at this guy? My eyes search for a makeshift weapon. He advances again.

"What's a princess like you doing in a nasty place like this?" Oh, right. I had wandered to the zombie side of the school. He kept moving closer. What if I ran? I could make it. Maybe-

He lunged, trying to push me to the wall. Without thinking, I five-starred him, right across the face. In the time that he stood in shock, I booked it out. Luckily, he didn't give chase. Unluckily, I didn't know my way around the zombie side. I ran and ran and ran until tears stung my eyes. Hyperventilating, I sunk into a nearby closet. I needed time to think. I slipped into a shivering, sniffling, state. I didn't know what to do now.