After-math

Author's note: Scene coming up where a female character is chased by a man who is attempting to pursue her romantically, so make sure to skip this chapter if you are sensitive to that. Also, more will be coming tomorrow so stay tuned.

Zed's POV

I was on my way to lunch after having to stay behind from math. Apparently getting out of my seat to show the class my ninja spin was "completely unacceptable and very rude behavior" I missed half of my lunch period getting yelled at. Fun.

I was on my way to the cafeteria when I heard something. A sob? I inch closer to the sound when I see Bucky storm past looking very irritated, that is never a good sign. I decided this was worth looking into.

I follow the crying to the janitor's closet where I am met by Mr. Zeck (the zombie teacher/janitor) arguing with someone. The conversation goes a little bit like this:

"Why are you sitting in a closet?"

*crying*

"You are aware this is my closet, correct young lady"

"Yeah"

"Please leave the closet."

*broom falls*

I would have found this kind of humorous if it wasn't (Y/N) that walked out. Her eyes were all puffy and red and she looked so helpless, which was quite a contrast to the confident, sarcastic girl I saw yesterday. I considered giving her space but she saw me before I could turn around.

At first, I thought she was mad at me for invading her privacy but then she kind of ran into me with an embrace. I wrapped my arms around her back as she sobbed into my chest. We stood in the halls like that for a few minutes before she gathered herself.

"Hey, let's get out of here?" I ask guessing that being in school probably wasn't the best thing for her right now. She nods and we begin to shakily walk out. I was surprised at how easy it was to just leave. We walked uptown for a little while in silence before we settled on the top of a little hill.

"Are you okay talking about what happened?" I say as gently as possible. I want her to feel like she can trust me.

"I don't really feel like telling the whole story but I do want to tell you" I nodded looking up at her. "You were right about Bucky"

"Wait what?? Did he... did he do something?" She nods. Oh. My. God. That little... I swear I am going to kill him.

"He was following me... and he was acting weird, so I tried to get away but... he tried to kiss me and I didn't know what to do... so I hit him and ran away but it was just so..." she started crying again and honestly I was feeling like killing Bucky.

We just sat there, I was just holding her and she was just shaking until I felt her breathing slow. I unwrapped my arms from her and we began to talk, and eventually, the heavy cloud of emotions disappeared as (Y/N) fell asleep.