Confrontation

I could barely wait for school the next day. I'd thought about what I'd say a million times. I thought about how we'd run into each other's arms, maybe even... Wait. I had to get there first. I narrowly miss hitting my head on my bunk as I hop up quickly. I shut off my alarm. I was 10 minutes early today. I made a mad dash for the bathroom. I slammed the door behind me. 

"Y/N!! I need my beauty sleep!" I can hear Tracey's muffled yell from the bedroom. I had no time for him today. I had no time for anyone but Zed today. I barely brush my hair before cascading down the stairs. I made myself a quick piece of toast and grabbed two dollars out of my wallet for lunch. I careened down the street just in time to see...

Nothing. I missed Zed again. How early does that guy get to school? I keep speeding towards the school, taking a shortcut through Zombietown again. Out of breath, I wave sporadically to Zed's little sister. I heard her giggle and continued to dash to school. Screeching to a halt, I stopped at an alley, just in time to see Zed's silhouette vanish into the shadows. School wasn't important anymore. Without thinking, I ran into the dark space. 

A voice called out. It wasn't Zed's.

Addison.

I was an idiot! He HAD a girlfriend. What was I thinking? Of course, he would go out with her. It was only natural. I nearly walked out in shame, but something made me stay. Footsteps. But Zed and Addison weren't moving... Was there someone else here too? 

Suddenly, someone grabbed me! I struggled, before remembering my self-defense classes and knocked my attacker out. It was TRACEY? No... He wouldn't, would he?

"NOW!" Addison cackled. Someone else stepped out of the shadows. 

BUCKY. 

He was armed with a metal baseball bat. He was dashing at Zed. I put two and two together and leaped out of Tracey's arms and flung myself at Zed. I felt the whoosh of air as the bat slammed toward my head. I braced myself and-