Evening

Numb. The world passes me by like I'm watching it out of a car window. The only thing I feel are the warm arms wrapped around my feelingless, cold body. A chest to lean into while I wait for the feeling to return to my body.

We didn't speak for a while. We just laid on the hill, his arms around me. Eventually, we started talking. Not like the banter we had at the lunch table, but questions about life and death and meaning. I don't even know how long we were there. All I knew was that he was there with me. I must have cried myself to sleep sometime.

When Zed woke me up, it was dark. Very dark. He poked me. "I was wondering if you wanted to get ice cream or something before curfew?" I nodded. "Here, your mascara's running." And he reached out and stroked my check. And that was when I realized, he was more than a friend to me.
I was finally able to speak when we got to the store. I learned that it was almost   10 o'clock at night and that Bucky had been suspended after Zed reported him. We got ice cream and sat on the curb, watching the stars. You told him about Y/OH and he told you about Zombie Town. I could've stayed there forever.
Suddenly his phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and silenced it. I took a quick glance. Allison. 18 missed calls.

Whoa, she must be pretty worried if-- Zed coughed awkwardly. 

"If you want the truth... well we were, like, um, supposed to... go on a date, haha..." We stare at each other, blushing. "You know, I'd... rather hang out with you." I laugh and hug him, and he hugs back. I could stay there forever with him, and I know the feeling is mutual.

We watched the galaxy and talked, engrossed in each other.