Breakfast & Pondering

I slowly opened my eyes, letting the rays of sun slice into my consciousness. Yawning, I sat up. Where am I?  Oh yeah, Zed's house. I smiled because the thought didn't surprise me. Where was the big dork, anyway? Suddenly, I smelled something delicious. It was coming from... the kitchen? Is he... making breakfast?

"Morning, kiddo!" He popped his head through the doorway, smiling like an idiot. I nodded slowly at him and smiled a bit, too sleepy to say that we were the same age. I hopped out of the tangle of blankets I was enclosed in. This felt like a cheesy teen romance movie. I bumped into a dude, and we fell in love. 

He was sauteeing cauliflower over the stove. I sat at the table. This place felt more like home than Tracey's house ever would. He set a plate of steaming cauliflower in front of me. It smelled absolutely delectable. "Hope you like it," He grinned, setting my stomach on fire, "It's the only thing we're allowed to eat." He was acting sorta weird, almost like he was TOO happy. I didn't give it much thought, considering the best meal of my life was sitting in front of me. 

After breakfast, we sat on the couch again. He took a deep breath in and moved across from me. "Babe, I have to tell you something."

I twisted my head quizzically.

"Allison... she gave me a ring. It's one of a kind and is made of pure Zytonium..." Was this bad news? Is he leaving me after all? My shoulders sunk. Wait. Zytonium? Isn't that the rarest gem?

"There are a few apartments halfway between Seabrook and your old home..." My eyes widened.

"Do you... wanna buy an apartment and move in with me?"