Chapter 5: Break Down My Walls.

Okay so this one is a super long chapter. Hope you enjoy😊

Derek:
There's nothing in this world that has ever made me this afraid. Months of built up anger and frustration and all this confusion start to burst out of the seams. It's like I've broken a dam that lead to my heart and everything is spilling and I'm drowning in my own feelings. My legs are on fire from how fast I'm running, yet my chest is frozen in fear. The thrashing of my heart against my chest is in synch with the thumping of my feet against the ground. My ears are searching for the familiar sound of Stiles heartbeat and my nose is hunting down his intoxicating scent. I'm just following my senses, following the faint amber mist that indicates Stiles' prior presence. Something only I could see, and it's the only thing I can see right now. Because right now everything else is gray. Nothing is even close to as important as he is.

I had been trying to distance myself from him and keep my feelings at bay because I just couldn't accept the fact that someone as spastic and as stubborn as Stiles is my mate. I tried distracting myself by teaching everyone how to connect to each other through the pack link. Explaining how they have to give up on the secrets they had and form a bond with everyone. Yet, even with all the distance I could manage, over the last couple of days, days, I've managed to find myself wanting to see him more often. Longing to talk to him, to hold him, and needing to see his smile. I couldn't help myself, I fell for him.

I fell for the stars that formed in his eyes whenever he'd laugh at another one of his stupid jokes. For the way his chocolate colored hair was always a perfect mess and for every single one of his sarcastic comments and spastic movements. For his bravery and stubbornness. For every quirk of his lips and the way his body moves when he walked. For the way he scratched his chin and pursed his lips ever so slightly when he concentrates on something. For the beauty marks that decorated his face and for his perfect smile. For every little detail, every single thing, I fell in love with all of him.

If he dies today I'll lose my goddamn mind. I never got the chance to say it. Never got the chance to even thank him for saving my life.

The rain made my clothes feel at least ten pounds heavier but that wasn't stopping me. I don't think anything can. My ears perk up at the sound of multiple people running right behind me. I hadn't realised that they were all following me, as if they knew I was the only one able to find him.

-Der, you need to calm down. You have no idea were your going.-, Laura's voice invaded my thoughts through the Pack link but I didn't even consider slowing down.

-I'm not stopping. I know I can find him. I- I have to find him. Laura if I don't find him... if I-

My heart was just about ready to burst straight out of my chest when my eyes land on him. He's a couple of feet away from me but he was moving fast and if I didn't pick up the pace I knew he would be gone forever. I didn't think it was even possible to shift this quickly but as I leapt into the air I shredded every bone into shape and by the time I was on the ground again I landed on paws. My speed accelerated and everything that wasn't stiles blurred into a murky pool of gray. All I could see was that amber glow getting closer and more vibrant until I was howling right beside him. But it's like he can't hear me, like I'm not even here.

I shift back into my human form right as a small clearing and a tree trunk came into view. There was this invisible force field that protected the area from the rain and when we crossed it, it was sunny out again. I gripped Stiles by the hand causing sparks to storm in my gut and heat to rise where I touched him. He's wet and shirtless and even though this a totally inappropriate moment to look I couldn't help myself from glancing. He looks gorgeous even when he keeps squirming around in my grasp.

His Spark [DISCONTINUED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें