Chapter 9

"You do know that you are a human," Sookie said.

"Yeah. How can I forget from the many times you remind me," Amber said, annoyed.

Sookie purses her lips together, "I'm sorry, but sometimes I feel that I need confirmation because you do or can do things a normal human wouldn't," Sookie said.

Amber shrugs, "I'm not a normal human,"

Sookie sighs, "I can see that but I still believe Eric should be the one to do something since he is in charge of this area," Sookie said.

Jessica shakes her head, "No. I don't want to go to him because Bill already tried to hand me over to him like I was a doll to be passed around. Which he decline saying that taking care of me was Bill's duty not his," Jessica said grabbing their attention.

Amber shoots Sookie a pointing look of 'See, I told you so,'

"He doesn't want anything to do with her and it would be better if I take her if that's what she wants because I'm not going to force her. In addition, she needs someone due to being a new born vampire," Amber said.

Sookie glances away and Amber looks at Jessica and asked, "So, what's your decision?"

Jessica looks at Amber straight in the eyes which staring back at her with such determination and command. That Jessica couldn't find a reason to say no because she had nowhere to go now that Bill was dead and here comes its killer saying she would take over the role of maker.

"Yes, I accept," Jessica said head lowered.

Amber steps forward, lifts Jessica's face her eyes connecting with Amber's.

"When you speak to me you should look at me in the eyes not lower your gaze," Amber said.

"Yes," Jessica answers softly.

*Fangtasia*

Everyone in the club could tell that Eric was in a bad mood tonight in which Pam decided to close early since everyone was scare of the Viking and it wasn't like she could tell him to stop.

Eric stood up and made his way to his office as Pam and the other employees got everyone out.

Pam order them to clean up and then leave.

She didn't bother knocking and just walked in to stand in front of his desk with a hand on her hip.

"What did the Queen said?" Pam asked.

Eric sighs leaning back in his chair, "Bill came here on a mission to capture Sookie and hand her to the Queen who will then give her to the higher ups," Eric said.

Pam raises a manicure eyebrow, "The higher ups? Who are they?" Eric shook his head and said, "I don't know and I don't like not knowing things,"

Pam nodded in understanding.

"Do you think she meant the authority?" Pam asked.

"Thought that too which is why I called one of my contacts in the authority both in the new world and old. But they knew nothing which gives me the impression that we are dealing with a group of people who are now coming out of hiding," Eric said.

Pam's lips part to say something only to shut them when Eric's phone rings that he quickly answers.

"Northman," he said.

"Eric, have you heard anything or been contacted by Godric?" Isabella asked.

Eric's brows furrow slightly, "No, why?" he asked.

Isabella curses in Spanish on the other line.

"He left which is not uncommon because he always return two or three days later but it's been four days and still no sign of him. We suspect someone captured him," Isabella said.

Eric let out a low growl, "He is not that easy to capture," he said.

"Yes, but there still the fact that he is missing," Isabella argued.

"I'll go to Dallas," Eric said and ended the call.

He looks up at Pam, "I'm sure you heard everything, so can you start the preparations?"

Pam half bows, "Yes, Master," said Pam before vamping out of the room.

Amber smiles, "Good and you also have a brother," she said.

"Who?" Sookie asked.

"You would meet him soon. He is supposed to arrive today, but for some odd reason he has not arrived or even called to let me know if something was holding him back," Amber said, fishing her phone out of her pocket and clicking the number one to speed dial Ford.

Amber heard the phone ringing but he didn't pick up which was rare because he always picked up on the first ring.

Her brows furrow together and she tries again while pacing back and forth.

Sookie watches her with a worry expression on her face.

Amber stops her pacing, "Something is not right," said Amber.