Chapter 11

"Now tell me what happened?" Sookie asked.

Eric shoulders slump, "My maker has not returned to his nest in four days and his second in command says he might have been capture by humans,"

Sookie frowns nodding and he continues, "That his second in command believe they are part of the Fellowship of the Sun who are rumor of creating some kind of army."

Sookie's eyes fill with worry, "What can I do to help?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Amber narrow her eyes at Jessica who glances at the bathroom door a nervous look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Amber asked.

"Eric is here,"

Amber raises a brow at that, "Why?" she questions.

"Um, something about his maker that was capture in Texas,"

Is his maker the same one that Ford went to see? She wonders.

Jessica glances at Amber who appears to be in deep thought and that worried her.

"Is something bad going to happen?" Jessica asked.

Amber blinks and shook her head replacing her slight frown with a smile. She caresses Jessica's cheek, warming up the natural cold skin with her touch. Jessica leans into the touch enjoying the warmth and care that Amber was giving her.

"I have to go to Dallas, Texas to fetch your brother," Amber said.

Jessica reopens her eyes that she didn't notice that they closed to look up at Amber.

"I have to stay here, don't I?"

Amber nodded, "I would bring you but I have this feeling that something bad happened and I don't want to expose you,"

Jessica nodded and cover Amber's hand with her own.

"Just come back alive," Jessica mumbles.

Amber smiles and kisses her forehead.

"Of course,"
------------------------------------------------------

"I need you to come with me to Dallas," Eric said.

Sookie's lips part to answer only to be beat by Amber.

"I will go with you,"

Eric head turned towards Amber who was climbing down the stairs.

"I will be better choice to get inside than her and I have business in Dallas," Amber said.

Eric eyed her curiously as he waited his options and remembering past events involving Amber. The look she was giving him was a clear that she was going no matter what he said. He sighed and ran a hand through his blond hair.

"Fine. We are le-"

"Let's go then," Amber said to him before she turned towards Sookie and said, "Can you keep an eye on Jessica for me?"

Sookie smiles, "Yeah and take care," Amber smirks, "Darling, the ones who get in my way are the ones who have to take care."

Sookie giggles as Amber exits the house.

"What about me?" Eric asked with a grinning.

Sookie narrow her eyes at him.

"Get out here, Blondie!" Amber shouts from outside to Eric's displeasure and Sookie's amusement.

"She's right, now shoo shoo," Sookie said, waving him out.

Eric grumbles and exits Sookie's house whose door she closes the moment he steps outside. He spots Amber in her truck and vamps speed to it.

He gets inside and nodding at the gray interior.

Amber didn't wait another minute and pulled out of Sookie's driveway while Eric got comfortable by stretching his long limbs after putting his seat belt after receiving a glare from Amber.

"You know I could have fly us to Dallas,"

"Uhuh, keep dreaming that I will let you carry me," Amber said.

Eric gasp in mock hurt, "Ouch, I wasn't going to anything," Amber shook her head keeping her eyes on the road as she replied, "I doubt even you believe that."

He shrugs.

"So, tell me,"

"You can't possible bored already," Amber said.

Eric grins, "Well you decided to drive instead of allowing me to fly us there," he said.

Amber rolls her eyes, "Other than not wanting to be carried by your grabby hands. I don't want to spend that much time over there than needed and since you can't move during the day. I don't want to wait,"

"Aww, you worry about me," he said with a chuckle.

"I think your age is catching up to you, old man," Amber snickers.

A low growl escapes him, "Didn't they teach you to be polite,"

Amber's grin widens, "Oh my father beat politeness and respect to my superiors and elders into me," she glances at him, "but vampires don't fall in that category." Amber knew that she was playing with fire the more she messed with him but she found it hard to stop.

He smile but Amber knew he was starting to get annoyed by the twitch in his eye.