Chapter 13

"You got to be kidding me," she grumbles crouching where Ford was sleeping inside the cage. She didn't hesitate from sticking her hand inside and punching him on the head.

"Ouch!" he yells at the rude awakening.

"Suck it up," Amber said.

Ford looks up, blinking a few times, "What are you doing behind bars?" he asked earning himself another punch on the head.

"I'm not you are idiot! So you better start talking as to why fuck you got capture by church people wanting to kill vampires," she said.

Ford tilts his head ignoring the burning glare that Amber was giving him that he was sure would make a hole in his head if she had lacer eyes. Something he doesn't want her to get.

"Ah! I fell asleep-"

*POW!*

"Ouch!" he rubs his head where he can feel a bump forming if she continues hitting him.

"What was that for?" he grumbles.

"For being a moron," she replies and punches him one last time, "this for making me worried."

Ford grumbles and Amber stood up.

"What are you waiting for get out of there," she said.

Ford shook his head, "I feel safer here," he said.

Amber narrow her eyes, "Now," she sternly said making him get on his feet and grab the steel bars that would normally burn a common vampire. However, Ford wasn't an ordinary vampire so it was easy for him to stretch them to the side making a hole that he could walk out.

"Happy now," Ford said when he was out of the cage and in front of Amber who was shorter than him.

"For now because you are still in trouble," Amber said.
-------------------------------------------------------

Godric was shock at what he just witnessed that it left him speechless only able to watch their interaction.

What's their relationship? Why? Godric shook his head, her actions remind me of myself when I was raising Eric.

He quickly snapped out of his thoughts when he heard, "By any chance did you manage to talk to the ancient vampire that lives in this city?" Amber asked.

She is talking about me, he thought taking a step forward from the shadows of the cage.

Ford looks away scratching the back of his neck, "Well..."

Amber's shoulders slump and she pinches the top of her nose.

"He means me," Godric said walking out of the cage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their heads turned towards him as he approached them. Amber looks at him from his copper color short hair to his bare feet.

He was turned young in ancients times, Amber thought noting the ancient writing tattooed peeking out from his white, loose shirt. However, what truly got her attention was his lifeless brown eyes that were like Ford's years back.

"I see," Amber said before she punched him on the head.

Ford eyes went wide as he caught Godric who got knockout from the sudden hit on the head that Ford was sure she cracked his skull.

"Are you crazy?! You just knocked out an ancient vampire!"

"At least he is alive," Amber said, turning around to head out of the basement.

Ford shifted Godric's body in his arms before jogging to catch up with Amber who was on the first floor.

"Are you saying he came here willingly?" Ford asked.

Amber nodded.

"I honestly doubt these humans catch an ancient vampire," Amber said, waving at the short man who hide when he saw her.

Ford nodded in understanding.

"Mr. Newlin, the vampires escaped," a young man said, hurriedly as Mr. Newlin tried to shush him.

"We-" the young man tried to say

"Is there problem?" Amber asked with arms crossed while Ford walked past her with Godric.

The young man's lips parted to reply only for Mr. Newlin to slap his hand on the young man mouth, "No problem!"

"Hmm," Amber nodded and left.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber made it outside to see Ford patiently waiting since she was the one with the keys and he wasn't going to use force to open the door because it will add to his punishment. That he was slowly starting to dread.

She managed to get half way when her cellphone rang. She quickly answered with a dry, "Grimoire,"

"Is it hard for you to sound at least happy when someone calls you," Eric said.

"No, I'm rarely called for chit chat and by any chance is your maker named Godric?" Amber asked.

"Yes," Eric said, his voice sounding deeper with a hints seriousness.

"Well I found him at the Fellow-" she didn't get to finish due to him hanging up.

He really is impatient, she thought.

"Who was that?" Ford asked.

Amber ran her fingers through her ponytail, "You will see in a few seconds," she said.

Ford raise a brow at that when Eric landed in front of them. His eyes went to Godric who Ford quickly handed him over to Eric who checked him over.

"Why is he unconscious?" Eric asked, calmly which Amber found odd.

Ford glanced at Amber and shook his head as if telling her to stay quiet.

However, Amber was not one to listen and said, "I hit him on the head because he was going to do something stupid."

Ford facepalmed.

Eric nodded and cradle Godric.

Amber observed him cautiously, "You know I just said I hit your maker, right? So why aren't you at my throat?" Amber asked.

Ford vamped to Amber, grabbing her arm and hissed in her ear, "Do you have a dead wish."

She shot him a glare, "I don't," she pulled her arm away from him.

"I heard you and I can't be angry when you saved my maker," Eric said with his head lowered.

Amber felt understanding, so he knows.

Amber eyes them for another minute before she said, "Get in the truck so we can return back to Louisiana because you have a child who I assume is worried about you," her words seems to snap Eric back to reality and he nodded.

She turned to Ford, "You are driving," and gave him the keys.

"But the sun is about to rise," he whines going back to his normal self.

Amber rolls her eyes, "Stop whining. You had a long nap,"