Chapter 23

Sookie pants sitting on the ground, sweat dripping down the side of her head, "Please... let's take ... a...rest," Sookie said, panting.

Amber sighs, lowering her hands.

"Fine," she said.

Sookie glances up at Amber who wore olive green shirt, camouflage green pants with black boots. Her hair was tied back in a bun but what Sookie found annoying was how she was out of breath and sweating while Amber wasn't.

Amber crooked an eyebrow at Sookie, "What's with the glaring?" asked Amber.

"Why do you look fine while I'm all sweaty trying to catch my breath?" she asked and Amber chuckled annoying Sookie even more.

"That's because you are not use to training like I am," Amber said.

Sookie crossed her arms, "So, this is nothing for you?"

"I had worse," Amber said.

"Yeah, after we survived hell at Parris Island," Ford chimed in.

Amber grabbed the gun on her hip and fired it at Ford.

"Ah I get it! Stop it,"

"Amber!" Sookie said, standing up and taking the gun from her.

"What's wrong with you?!"

Amber rolled her eyes, "He's fine it's not his first time I shot at him. Plus he is supposed to be doing his punishment of painting not butting in."

Sookie shook her head in disapproval, Amber nods toward the gun in her hand and said, "And he is not getting hit by bullet but by small balls because that's a BB gun. Since I knew you wouldn't like to see him get shot with a real bullet which does nothing to him."

"Aren't you worried about accidently killing him?" Sookie asked returning the gun back to Amber as if it was burning her hand.

"No, because he will not die unless the both of us are killed or my organs failing/blood disease kills me. Otherwise, he can get shot or go bomb without a problem and the same goes for me but I have not tried the bomb part." Amber said.

Sookie lips were press in a thin line, she is not normal, she thought.

"I wasn't always like this," Amber said as if reading Sookie's mind.

Sookie's forehead scrunches, "What do you mean?" she asked.

"That it wasn't after my injury where I needed organ transplants that I became connected with Ford along with gaining durability, speed, improve eyesight, hearing, reflexes and healing. Meaning that if I get shot now it will not kill me because Ford is alright which the same is for him. In the past if I got shot or cut it I had the possibility of dying but now is not the case." Amber said.

Sookie nodded, slowly before she said, "Due to that incident where you got some of his organs and large quantity of his blood it created this sort of connection. Where the only ways for you both to die is by killing the both of you at the same time or your illness and failing of organs killing you which will affect Ford too because of the connection."

"Pretty much," Amber said and Sookie quickly added, "But how does it explain the fact that he is not combusting out here in broad daylight as he paints?"

Amber scratches her head, "Well part of it comes from the training he did but it was mostly just to stay awake during the day and push down the bleeds. Not compete immunity to the sun which is something that happened through the passing of time. Along with him drinking from me while we were at the island that my blood infused with Anubis might have given him that immunity," Amber explained.