Chapter 22

Amber didn't get far with Pam when someone clearing their throat got Pam's attention. She went paler if that was possible for a vampire and sped away without a word. Giving a clear view to Amber on who caused that fear in Pam. Godric walked towards her a hard look on his face that if Amber could compare it to one of betrayal. Nevertheless, Amber didn't comment on it and just returned Godric's intense look that would make a normal person tremble in fear. But not Amber because she had gotten that look multiple times along with being yell at right on her face which she had to keep blank.

"What do you want, Godric?" Amber asked.

"What we were you about to do with Pam?" he asked, standing in front of Amber.

"Does it matter? Because you scared her off," Amber said, nonchalantly.

"And I don't remember saying thing about belonging to you because that's why you are angry," Amber added.

"You drank my blood," he said and Amber raise a brow, "And? Me drinking your blood was for me to live not to create a bond which didn't happen. I understand that when a vampire offers or give their blood to a human is their way of claiming that human as theirs. But was that your intention when you gave me your blood?"

Godric's face lost its seriousness and was replaced with one of regret.

"N-no. I wanted to help without getting anything in return just like you helped me. But my instincts got the better of me because they couldn't see how different you are from other women." Said Godric.

Amber nodded, slowly as she said, "I'm assuming this is your way of apologizing,"

"It is," he said with his head lowered to her which is something he never had done for a human in his long vampiric life. It was something inside of him that urged him to do it because he didn't want to lose her.

Amber's shoulders slumped and she pulled out her dog tags from under her shirt.

"I will never belong to you because I belong to the Marine's and that's something you have to understand. Because it's something I can't stop being just as Ford is not a vampire but a Marine. Do you understand, Godric?" she asked, not counting that if I die my soul will belong to Anubis.

Godric stared at the dog tags, he had to push down the urge to grab them and rip them off her. However, that would only worsen things and he would lose her. He lifted his gaze from the tags to her face which was a rich, caramel color that he's sure it's soft and warm to the touch. Will she shiver if I run a finger down her cheek? He wondered. His eyes traveling down to her lips that a few minutes ago were kissing someone else making his possessiveness grow. He closed his eyes for a moment to calm himself and reopened them to see Amber patiently watching him.

"I don't understand, but I can try to," he finally answered which seemed enough for Amber who nodded dropping the dog tags making a soft rattling sound when they fell back on her chest.

"Thank you," Amber said and was about to stand up when Godric straddle her to stop her from getting up.

"What are you doing?" Amber asked but she didn't even struggle against him or even throw him off which is something he is aware she could do if she wanted. Seeing that was not happening he took it as a go ahead.

"I want to show how bad I feel," he said and Amber chuckles, "Uh huh, are you sure it's not revenge for leaving you aroused last night?" she asked.

His eyes darkened in desire and Amber smirks. She lift her arms to drop them on his strong shoulders, "Hm, human you was strong," she said tightening her hold around his neck by entwining her fingers together behind his head.

Godric let out a low growl and leaned in to kiss her only for her to turn her head when Ford entered.

Godric head slumped on her shoulder with a groan. Amber smiled at Ford who shot her a questioning look before nodding toward the kitchen. She turns back to Godric who was not amuse about being denied which was a hit to his vampire pride.

"Sorry, but my child needs me," she said and received a grumbling of words from him that she was sure were spoken in another language. She leans closer to his ears and whispers, "Just be patient." While one of her hands sneaked under his shirt feeling his abs making him groan in approval.

He lifted his head and hissed, "Fine, but you are making my patience run thin," before he left.

Amber walked into the kitchen with a grin on her face.

"Again," Ford said giving her a pointed look.

Amber shrugged, "I wouldn't have done it if he didn't let his possessiveness get the best of him," she said.

Ford sighed.

"Tell me were those men ex-military?" Amber asked.

"Yes and I did some research on them. In which, most of them were kick out because they went against orders, medical reasons, etc." Ford said.

Amber placed her hands on the back of the kitchen chair, "They were testing us otherwise they would have somehow managed to get their hands on some of the modified silver bullets. To kill us. However, that wasn't their plan since I honestly doubt they can get their hands on them. Since the knowledge of them wouldn't be available unless they were active or deported. Even then the amount of people who know about them are few."

"Yes and this is something that is being started now because it's no secret that when vampires came out the military started researching vampires," Ford said.

Amber's face went pale as a realization hit her, they want to make another person like me.