Chapter 21

*Fangtasia*

"Tell me what Sophie-Anne wanted," Eric said a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Pam stood in front of his desk with her arms crossed and said, "She came asking of your progress with Sookie and when you will bring her to her."

Eric leaned back in his chair deep in thought when Pam added, "I have a guess as to why she wants Sookie especially,"

Eric sits up and looks at Pam, "Well?"

"When she came tonight I could smell the familiar sweet smell of a Fae on her. I assume she has another Fae in at her home, but she has grown attach to her Fae which is why she wants Sookie to give as a replacement." Pam said.

She might be aware of why these 'higher ups' want Fae, Eric thought.

He nodded and Pam raise a blond brow as if waiting for Eric to comment on what she just said.

"Thank you, Pam and can you close up," said Eric in a serious tone that had Pam's complain die out in her throat. She nodded and left only for a few minutes later Godric entered his office.

Eric blinked at the sight of his maker annoyed look, "Eric," he said, stressing each syllable.

"Did my call interrupt something from happening by your annoyed and frustrated look?" Eric said teasingly.

Godric narrow his eyes at him and Eric nodded getting the message of dropping the conversation. So, he told him what Pam told him a few minutes ago.

Godric pacing in front of him as he said, "You think," he shook his head, "you plan to talk to Sophie-Anne to get her to tell us what she knows and obtain her help to stop this."

"You know me well," Eric said and Godric rolled his eyes.

"How are you sure that this plan of yours will work?" Godric asked and watched Eric pull out a file from a drawer in his desk.

"You researched Sookie," Godric said.

"Of course, especially if they interest me," said Eric opening the file and scanning it, "you do the same and I wouldn't be surprise if you researched Amber."

Godric stops his pacing and moves towards Eric, "You didn't,"

Eric looks up at Godric who was giving him a hard look that use to make him nervous when he was young.

"Sadly, I couldn't find anything because her files are not accessible to what she calls 'civilians' and it wouldn't end good for me if I try to hack a government server."

Godric relaxed which didn't went unnoticed by Eric but he didn't comment on it and returned his gaze back to the file.

"Sookie has a cousin name Hadley Hale who is part Fae and one of Sophie-Anne donors but more of a lover. Since she wants Sookie to give to the higher ups as a replacement." Said Eric.

Godric nodded, "Fine, do it,"

A knock on the door had their heads turned to it and Pam poked her head, "The place is close and I'll be taking tomorrow off to go shopping with Amber and Sookie." Said Pam but before the guys could question her; she closed the door.

*Mall*

Ford shook his head and hissed, "I can't believe you convinced me of coming along," Eric rolled his eyes, "You guys just want me here as safeguard."

"That's not why," Eric said in hush tone.

Ford gave him a doubting look and said, "Uh huh, because you expect me to believe we are here to make sure nothing happens to them. When two of them are vampires and the other a Marine who can clearly take care of herself."

"Shush the both of you," Godric said.

Ford huffed and mumbled, "Don't blame me if we become target practice."

Amber sighs, "I heard of guys sneaking around following girls to spy on them but I never thought that would happen,"

Pam chuckles and clicks her tongue at Sookie and Jessica to stop them from glancing back.

"Let them have their fun instead tell me what does my grand-maker have a chance with you?" Pam asked a sly grin on her face.

She is asking that on purpose! Ah my mind is blank and the expecting looks from Sookie and Jessica are not helping, Amber thought glancing at Sookie and Jessica from the corner of her eye.

"Well-" Amber didn't get to finish when she and the other girls were grabbed by Eric, Ford and Godric just as the glass on the ceiling was broken and ropes where dropped. Amber didn't even get to see who they were because in a matter of seconds she was standing outside beside her truck. A furious look on her face making her amber eyes appear brighter in her anger towards Godric.

"Why?! Did you grab me?" Amber demanded.

"Those men were aiming at you," Godric said, calmly as police cars drove past them in a hurry.

"And? Have you forgotten that I'm a Marine! Trained to kill," Amber said looking down at him, disapprovingly.

Godric stayed like that looking down as Amber decided to leave with the girls just after whispering something to Ford who nodded and returned to the mall.

Eric didn't know what to say to make him feel better because he never experience what Godric just did. However, he could understand Amber's view a little because if he was in her shoes he would have hated to be taken away from a fight.

Ford returned a few minutes later and asked, "Do you know what you did wrong?"

Godric lifted his gaze to Ford's.

"I went against her desire," Godric replied and Ford sighs.

"That's only part of it because what you failed to see is that she is not an ordinary woman who needs a man to protect her from danger." Ford said letting his words sink in for a moment before he added, "She is a Marine and so am I. Our duty it to fight and protect because that's how we were trained as rifleman. You prevented her from carrying her duties a part of the military whose duty to protect the civilians. You wounded her pride when you see her as a woman who needs protection because she doesn't need that. She needs an equal who will stand by her not someone who sees her as weak because of her medical health. That's what you were thinking that she needed help because you saw her in a weak moment."

Pam, Sookie, and Jessica stayed silent the whole ride back not wanting to make Amber's anger worse but also because they were not sure what they could say to even calm her.

They reached Sookie's home and Pam dragged behind with Amber while Jessica tugged Sookie away with the excuse of needing her help with the clothes. Sookie didn't have to think twice of going with Jessica.

Amber slumped down onto the couch.

"Men are slow. So, it takes them a while to understand that not every woman is a damsel in distress," Pam said her words getting a small nod from Amber.

"That's something you wouldn't see in the Marines because we were all treated as equals and fight as one. We never run and we don't leave a brother/sister behind." Amber said her words sounding like a record on repeat.

Pam's lips pursed together in thought only for Amber to grab her wrist and pulled her into a rough kiss that would have taken Pam's breath away if she had it. She could feel Amber's anger, disappointment, need and something else that Pam couldn't identify.

Amber pulled away their lips slightly swollen, eyes a darker shade of amber and she said, "I don't want pity,"

Pam nodded, I might be in trouble after this, Pam thought before her mind went blank when Amber reconnected their lips.