The Trio:

"Gosh, she is such a wimp! Why is she even in Gryffindor if she has no importance?"

"I know! She's just a waste of space." I kept my head down low. I didn't make a sound. The silent tears that ran down my cheeks felt so natural it would be strange if one day they didn't come. Quickly, I tried to push past the Trio without them noticing I was there. But with the amount of space in the corridor, of course I couldn't slip past them.

So I just listened to the torture that they spoke, acting as if I were worthless and scared. Which I was. I was nothing but a pathetic excuse of a person which happened to be accepted into Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Placed in the Gryffindor house, the bravest house which contained the Golden Trio. Who had no friends, no one who cared. Yet I didn't care as much as I did three years ago. It was the normal now. And I couldn't change that for anything.

"I think I need a new eyesight. I mean, yesterday I managed to look at her!" A round of laughs echoed through the corridor; soon we would be near the great hall, which is presumably where they were heading. I ducked my head lower and pulled my books tightly to my chest.

~•~

When I entered the great hall, I went straight to the end of the table. Little people were sat around me, being as Harry Potter was sat all the way at the other end. I picked at the food on my plate; I was never hungry any more. Food wasn't something that appealed to me much. When I was little and lived with my Grandma, I was a massive foodie. I ate whatever I was given whenever. I had changed. And not for the better.

"Hey, Y/N." A familiar voice said from behind me. Harry Potter? Why was he talking to me?

"H-hey." I muttered. Harry took a seat next to me.

"So... are you going to eat that?" I opened my mouth to form words but none came. Instead, I shook my head. He smiled at me. "Good." I don't know how it happened. Laughter echoed around the great hall. My food which had once sat on the table, untouched, was now squashed on my head. Gravy and mashed up pieces of potato fell on the table. Quickly, I got up off the table. My feet carried me out of the laughing hall and down the corridor. Hot tears ran down my cheeks, anger filling my insides. Why am I such a... weakling?

"You know you shouldn't let them push you around like that." A voice said from behind me. This time it wasn't the same as a few minutes ago. I didn't really recognise it. I spun around to met with grey eyes. Draco Malfoy. His lips were curved in a frown. "You're better than that, Y/N." Wow. He knew my name. That was a surprise.

"Am I?" I started, "Because clearly not. I mean, why even try if all i'm gonna get is food in my hair and words thrown at me from all directions." Draco gave me a smile. Like, a genuine, sad smile. From what I've heard of the famous Draco Malfoy, he doesn't normally smile at people.

"That's only their opinion. Why does that matter to you? I mean, it says a lot about them!" I scoffed.

"Oh yeah like you care." Draco furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm just trying to help you!" I sighed, feeling a fresh layer of tears cover my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just... no one's been this nice to me before." It was Draco's turn to scoff.

"Y/N, you have to stand up for yourself. Otherwise they're gonna push you around like your nothing!"

"I am nothing! Everyday I walk around, invisible! Nobody cares and neither do I anymore." More tears rolled down my cheeks. "Listen, Draco, I know that you're trying to help but I am-" A pair of lips on mine stopped me in my tracks. For a moment, I just stood still, my brain not processing what was happening. But then my eyes shut. My hands wrapped around Draco's neck pulling him closer. No one had ever been this... nice to me.

Let alone kissed me.

The kiss wasn't too long, yet it felt it had lasted a lifetime. When we pulled away, it was hard to catch my breath.

"Draco-"

"Never say that your not worth it, Y/N. Never say that no one cares." His voice sounded sad and angry. "Because I care."

❤️