I

Groaning in pain, my eyes flutter open.

The room was empty, white and regal. This must be heaven.
I try to move my hands but I couldn't, I look down to see an IV in my vein. I'm still alive?

My eyes shift to the body in the corner, sitting in a chair with this head handing down as he slept was Micah.

I try to move my neck but a sharp pain resounded around my body making me frown, what is that?

The door opened and I looked to see Devon walk in, his shock is an understatement, "You're awake?"

"Wh-" My voice was so dry that it sounded like a 70 year old human smoker, Devon gave me water and drank it greedily, "What," I try again, "Happened?"

"You collapsed." Devon replies, cryptically, too cryptic.

"Why?"

"Well the surge from the red moon and the -"

bull-fucking-shit

"I don't want to hear what you told other people." I interrupt him, "I know this isn't what normally happens so tell me what happened to me."

he stood still for a second before shaking his head slightly, "I missed your smartness." he replied, not answering my question, "Everyone missed you, Micah espeically, he hasn't left this room, any meeting he had would be here so he wouldnt miss you waking up."

my heart flutters a little, there is a bond between us alright. The same bond that nearly killed me.

"Why am I not dead, Devon?"

He swallowed and moved his head to the side, "Why do you think you would die?"

"I know, Devon."

"What do you-"

"Stop jumping around the question. You've helped me up to this far, just help me understand what's going on with me. Why did I collapse and Why is my back killing me?" I ask reaching to touch my back slightly and taking a sharp breath when I felt the stinging

He moved around the bed and brought down a mirror from the wall, "You've been out for two months. The Doctor said it could be forever till you woke up - permenant coma, Micah obviously didn't care, he would stay right by your side."

He held the mirror behind me and gave me a hand mirror to look through and I looked to see what looked like a tattoo which is impossible because wolves can't have tattoos due to our skins healing too quickly.

"What does this mean?"

"You have 12 months till you die." I look up to see a baggy eyed Micah, his beautiful purple eyes look so dull now, the vibrance that I saw in it is gone.

"Well 10 months actually,"

Devon's comment went unnoticed as I looked in the eyes of my mate, this is the first time I'm looking at him since the mate bond was created, in a few days I'll go in heat and I dont know how I'm supposed to make love to this man when he knew being with me would kill me.

"Devon, can we have the room?" I ask barely muttering out

"Actu-"

"Leave," Micah instructs and Devon puts his hands up in defense

"I'll see you later Your Majesties." he then bowed and left the room.

the door closing was the only noise in the now quiet room. I watched as Micah slowly made his way towards me, as if he doesn't know how I would react.

I look in the mirror once more and anyalyse the image now on my back. How they got 12 months from this, I would never know but the whole idea is scary.

"I'm sorry." I look up at him with a raised eyebrow, probing him to continue, "I should have cancelled the whole competition, it was selfish of me to think this curse was just a little fake scare."

"But then you would never have met me." I tell him and he smiles slightly

"But I would never have the option to lose you."

I lick my very dry lips as he sits down infront of me, beautiful Micah, so shattered now, I raise my hand and trace the dark circles under his eyes, the tingling in my fingertips due to our bond did not go unnoticed.

"You havn't been sleeping properly."

"How can I sleep properly when you're here? And because of me."

Being close to him gave me so many feelings, I have the urge to kiss him here right now when I know I need to get answers instead but the urges take over.

I reach for him and kiss him hard, he grips my waist, being mindfull of the large timescale on my back. For someone who no one knew about for 21 years, he sure knows how to kiss. He bit my lip and I moan out in shock as he moves to kiss down my neck.

"You have no idea, how much I missed you." he mutters against my skin, he doesn't even know me but the bond is so strong that I feel like I've known him all my life.

"Micah," I moan out as he moves to kiss me once more

"Your Majesty?" A call from outside asked, it sounded like Sir Alafa, "Are you -" He entered the room and I was quick to push Micah off me.

He bowed quickly as Micah stood up and turned around, the gleam in his eyes seeming to be put back in place.

"Sir Alafa, what can I help you with?" The smile on his face was visible and it was clear that Sir Alafa saw that as he looked between us repeatedly.

"Glad to see you're awake, Your Majesty." he adressed me, "We should tell everyone and have a celebration, until then, we need to get ready for the meeting."

"Ah yes," Micah muttered

"Meeting?" I question shifting on the bed

"Yes, to sign the new peace treaties with the different races," Sir Alafa filled in, "Since you're awake, you'll be expected to attend, I would schedule a meeting with Dame Knight so she can go through with you what is needed for the day."

"Can I not just sit in with what you're discussing now?"

Sir alafa looked at Micah for confirmation, is this how it's going to be? Me needing to go through Micah to get anything done?

"Elise can do whatever she pleases to do." was Micah's answer which shocked both Sir Alafa and myself, "However, are you sure you want to go straight into work? It's tireing and -"

"I'm fine, just sore."

Micah's lips fell into a thin line, he probably feels bad and he should but I can't be mad at him, He just wanted love. My love.

"Alright then," Sir Alafa comments, "I'll call Dame Knight, she'll want to know you're awake." I nod my head and we both watch him leave backwards like the humans do for the Queen.

"After this is done, I expect to know everything."

Micah looked hesitant but nodded his head.