o

I stood shocked as Micah had his hand outstretched for me to accept it.

The fact that he chose me wasn't something that was dwelling in my head.
I thought I would be crushed that he wouldn't chose me but it never occurred to me that I'm now this supposed girl that will die.

the fact that I might die if the moon shines on me is what is mingling in the back of my brain like a bad migraine.

"No!" Simone screamed, "You're going to choose her instead of me?"

she doesn't know.
she doesn't know the repercussions of being his mate. She doesn't know that I could die.

But Micah does and he's still going on with it, did he chose me because he wants me to die and he'll be able to chose Simone instead?

Leroy was quick in getting a soldier to take Simone in their arms and dragging her away from the stage. Micah took my hand as we both stood directly under the glassed ceiling where there the moon was nearly at its peak.

Samantha's eyes hit me as we looked at each other, she shook her head slightly, like a warning, like she couldn't watch me die. I watched her make her way out of the room, roughly barging past Devon in the process.

the whole thing is a set up. 

Who ever this Veronica woman is, I don't understand why she would bestow a curse on her own child. It doesn't make sense, one bit. I look behind me to see a soldier nod his head at me stiffly which showed me that I have nowhere to run,  the whole place is guarded.

I looked up at Micah and he smiled down at me.
how can such a beautiful smile be the smile of such a cruel person?

"A moment of silence as the King and Queen have now passed away." Leroy announces and Micah's face looked downcast, the loss was felt within everyone's wolves, like a fragment was taken away, to be replaced with their sense of loyalty to Micah and I.

His hand squeezed mine and he looked down at me, "Are you ready to be my forever?"

I looked up at him once more, my eyes showing everything which made him frown slightly, "I know, Micah."

With that the red moon shone over us.
They say my screams were heard all over the world.