XII

Micah looks so proud of himself as we ride to the Valaries pack. The smug look hadn't left his face since he marked me. In fact, he all but ordered me to wear something that shows the Mark so people - pretty sure he meant the unmated males - knew I was taken. I thought that showing up with the King attached to my hip after just winning the queen games was enough but I guess not.

The carriage stopped and I looked at Cheryl who looked like she wasn't ready to be home. "You'll be fine," I asked in a sickly sweet voice

"I just don't understand why we have to come here. You haven't visited the Emerald pack yet,"

I mentally rolled my eyes, Maybe we're here because your family is a bunch of backstabbers and we need to find out their plans.

"That's because they're not our biggest allies." Jacob reminded, "I'm sure your father won't kill you with Elise in your corner."

"No offence Elise but my father doesn't care. He wasn't a fan of the late Queen and he treated her like shit." She replied honestly, she's doing a lot to keep this act up.

There was a knock on the door before it was opened. "Cheryl Velaries," Leroy announced and Cheryl took a deep breath before leaving the carriage first.

Jacob shared me a glance as if to ask if this is the right thing to do and I nod my head as Leroy announced Jacob as Queen Protector and he steps out of the carriage.

'Everything will be okay, the plan is going to work' Micah's soothing voice filled my head.

Micah stepped out first then held out a hand for me to take which I accepted and stepped out the carriage with him.

I had never been out of my pack before attending the queen games but everyone always said that the Velaries pack was gorgeous and they did not lie. They had it decorated to the brim in a classy way but you know they tried hard to show up.

standing in front of us was Rekard Sr and Junior along with Simone and some other people who I'm sure are the betas and Third in command. Rekard Sr and Jr could be mistaken for brothers with a very large age difference

"Your Majesties," Rekard Sr said with now bow of his head. It must pain him that we're above him. "It's a pleasure to have you here. Though we're all curious to your sudden arrival."

"We just decided to do rounds of all the packs," Micah announced

"We thought its better to start with the alpha that disowned their own daughter." I quip, trying to keep up pretence that I care about Cheryl still.

Rekard Sr smiled as if he's proud of himself, "Yes I see you've brought her with you." The sneer when talking about his child would have had me fooled if I didn't already know what they're planning.

Simone came and bowed in front of us, well mostly in front of Micah who paid her no attention as he should.

"King Micah, it's so good to see you again," she commented as she gets up before looking at me, "Ah I see you've marked her."

"Please remind her who she's referring to." I mindlink Jacob who smiles down at me

"He marked the Queen." Jacob interjects making Simone look up at him, "You keep on referring to the Queen like you're friends. She's above you, you'll do well to remember that."

Simone put a tight smile on her face and I know it pains her to do this, "Of course. My apologies."

"You're forgiven Simone." I reply, "Can you take us to our living areas, were quiet fatigued from the journey here."