III

we'll all watch you die

As the maid brushed my head, I felt my heart collapsing, not only did I have some curse on me, Micah might die from this problem with the witches which doesn't even make any sense since he isn't the old King Vincent, they shouldn't have a problem with us.

"What is this Your Majesty?" she asks touching my open back and I flinch slightly, which made her finch as if I was going to hit her, "Sorry, Your Majesty."

"It's fine, just a few scars." She knew I was lying but she nodded her head. "Don't tell anyone, wouldn't want them to be worried about little old me." I smile taking my hair into my hands and stroking it slightly.

"We worry about you regardless. They told us that the mate bond took a toll on you like it the late Queen - god bless her heart." she did the sign of the cross before kissing her lips and pointing the to the sky.

Wolves don't really believe in anyone other than the moon goddess, those that spend a lot of time in the human realm are known to find faith in other things that they believe in.

I nod my head, "I appreciate your concern. The bond with royal blood is said to be harder than the one with other wolves."

"I'm just glad you're okay." she smiled

"So am I." we both turned around to see Micah leaning on the doorframe. The girl bowed

"Your Majesty." she then scurried away, ensuring that her back doesn't face us.

I look back at the mirror, picking up the brush and brushing my hair some more as I watch him move closer towards me

"Didn't she just do that?" he asks, running his hands softly over my shoulders, the need to be closer to each other is obviously felt by both of us and I can't find it inside myself to hate him.

is this how Celeste felt when Vincent cheated on her with Veronica?

"She didn't do it right, I didn't have the heart to tell her." I muttered, I don't have the heart to do a lot of things.

he gave me a bemused look, "There's a right way to brush hair?"

I rolled my eyes at his teasing, "Clearly from yours, you don't know it."

"Teach me then."

I look up at him and nod my head before pushing out my chair, "Sit on the floor."

"I don't sit on floors-"

"Sit on the floor, Micah." He sits on the floor reluctantly and I position the chair so his head is between my thighs

"If you told me this is where this was going to go, I would have been prepared myself."

"Wow, 21 years alone must have filled you with a lot of sexual frustration."

He laughed slightly, "Well I took a vow of Chasity."

So he's a virgin?

I tried to hid the smile that would infect my face that no one else would have my mate. Just me.

It's usually not like that in our realm

Male werewolves, especially alpha ones, are known to have a very healthy sexual appetite and they didn't care who they got it from. Or who they hurt in the process. As long as they got it.

It's know that most rapists are alpha males.

I raise my eyebrow, "Until Marriage?"

"I didn't want my mate to worry about any possibilities of me getting any other girl pregnant." He informs me as I run my fingers down his hair before using the brush and following the strokes

He had a point
Not repeating the mistakes that His father made during his reign

"Well I'm grateful for that."

"I'm sure you are." He grinned looking up at me, "Being alone didn't really give me a choice in girls anyway."

"Why did they keep you hidden?" I question and he shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't know but he did, I could see it on those purple eyes.

"Celeste didn't want anyone to know about my dad's infidelity so the product of the infidelity could still live but never known about. Or talked to." He explained, "The west wing was my hideout, my sanctuary and no one was ever allowed in."

I nod my head trying to process what he had just told me, he put his hand on my thigh and I took a sharp breath in

"But now I have you."

For 10 months only.
instead of voicing my internal thought process, I leaned down and kissed his lips and the rest was history.

***

The room was silent as I drank my tea along with Cheryl and Dame Knight.

I clear my throat slightly, "So, Micah said I need to sign something?"

"Yes, Your Highness, You and the Prince will have to sign a few things." she said cryptically and I look at Cheryl who was looking back at me with a slight shrug.

"Care to elaborate?"

"Not to be rude, your Majesty but we need to have this discussion alone." Dame Knight flickers her eyes towards the guards and Cheryl

"Ah, I see." Cheryl mutters before getting up and dusting her skirt slightly, "I'll just go find Sapphire." I give her a small smile and she bows to me before walking away.

"The guards have been instructed by Micah to stay." I tell Dame Knight and she raises her eyebrows

"Have you not recovered fully?" 

How do you recover from the knowledge that you're going to die? "It's a precaution. "

"Well it's only me and I stayed with the late queen all the time. You have the same right as the king, Elise. Do as you please."

I turned to look at both the guards who have a special carving on their necks which indicate that they are bloodtied to me, anything they do against me will literally boil their blood, they couldn't betray me even if they wanted to.

"They're fine just there."

Dame Knight nods her head slowly, "Ok, The Meeting is coming up soon and the peace treaties will be created, the witches are going to attend and it will be only time In your reign that they will ever step foot on our lands, the security will be heightened to the max and we have to ensure that they do not see your back."

I could feel the guards eyes moving towards my said back, eyeing the permeant clock that is there.

"Why cant they see it if they know its there?"

"Firstly, the other races do not know about Micah and the curse, this will be the first time they see him and it'll be better for everyone if they didn't know. secondly, we will like to keep it so the witches do not know that the countdown has already begun, let them think the curse was faulty, they will most like want a peace treaty on that day and we will decline."

"What if -"

"We will decline."

her words were final.

- A/N - 

Please Like and Comment!!

Love

xoxo