04| CRECHE

04| CRECHE

[ Chapter Four ]

❝Look, I know you like her but she doesn't like me and we don't get along. But I'm sure she'll congratulate you if we get out of this.❞

[Before the Events of The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

"Lina. Don't you want to see the Black Squadron off?" Nara's voice called to Adelina as she typed away in the control center.

Adelina was charged with making sure the entire Black Squadron was prepped and ready to fly off and all Nara wanted to do was wish them good luck, however Adelina was determined to see her job through.

"You go, Nar. I've got to stay here. Impressing mom might be the key to gaining that mission." Adelina winked at her best friend, "Plus, I know you want to see Pava off."

"Who's Pava?" Nara joked, "Sure you don't want to wish Poe good luck?"

Adelina groaned, "Just go!"

"Alright. I'll tell him to come back alive." Nara said in a sing-song voice as she disappeared.

Luckily there were only three other people in the control center at the moment as most people were down saying their goodbyes to the Black Squadron, so nobody heard Nara's teasing. Adelina sighed in relief but couldn't risk taking a peek through the window at the pilots where she quickly noticed Poe Dameron because of his hair. He was talking to Nara and laughing so she knew Nara had told him exactly what she had told Adelina she would. Adelina quickly looked away and settled back down to her station before she tried to work up the nerve to actually go down there.

>> >> >>

Poe Dameron watched as Adelina Solo's best friend Nara Danvers walked up to him her brown hair pulled up into a ponytail. He raised an eyebrow at the woman who stopped in front of him, "What brings you here Nara Danvers?"

Nara rolled her eyes, "Shut it Poe. Charms don't work on me, remember? I'm here on behalf of Adelina. She told me to tell you to come back alive."

A smirk appeared on his lips as his mind registered Nara's statement, "Really?"

"Yeah. She'd be disappointed that she wouldn't get to fight with you anymore." Nara winked at him and then patted him on the shoulder, "In all honesty, Poe. Please be careful."

"I'm always careful, Nara." Poe smiled at her and then pulled her into a hug which made her squeal but she hugged him back before pushing him away.

The two had been friends since they were younger. Even though Nara and Adelina

"Alright. Now get going, I have to go talk to Jessika Pava. Wish me luck." Nara grinned and sashayed away.

Poe Dameron sighed and jumped into his x-wing, getting it ready for flight. He snuck a glance at the command tower as if he could see his Adelina Solo but there was no sign of her. A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned back and then put his comn in his ear before checking on BB-8, "Hey buddy. You ready? This is going to be a hard one."